Thread: FG plan - July 12-15

Default FG plan - July 12-15

Plans are firmed up for our trip to FG next month after we get past the 4th holiday. We'll be camping in Lucerne and renting a slip for the boat as we like those better than the Buckboard operations. No real issue for us to head up reservoir if that's where the fishing is at, and do enjoy exploring and the scenery down reservoir.

Reports here seem to indicate that the fishing is pretty good this year. Last year we did well with a few especially big kokes, and the previous year was absolutely phenomenal for us.

Let us know if you'll be fishing/camping while we're there and maybe we can hook up for drinks and snacks some evening. On the water, give a call out to the Bayliner Discovery 246 "5 O'clock Somewhere".

Tight lines.

Sorry we will miss seeing you. We arrive n the 4th of July and will be leaving on the 12th!!

Have a safe trip and good luck catching as the fishing is always fine!

Thanks, yes we love fishing at FG...caught many beautiful fish!!! Hope we have another great trip and you too!

Default update for July 12-15

My buddy called las night to let me know he is having some overheating issues with his truck that we normally take to use its camper. (Good buddy to have, eh - has truck with cab over camper plus the boat. He said we might have to take my truck and tent camp. I said "That would be OK, but your boat has a full cabin with galley, head, and birth, and we already have a dock reserved with electric and water. That would be tough duty, eh?"

Still, I think he'll get his truck issues worked out today, and the camper leaves more room to spread out and take plenty supplies to ensure full enjoyment post fishing.

Hope to see some of you there and reeling in some kokes!
    Last edited by smokepoles; 07-08-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Default trip off

Sorry to rescind my original invite to meet up, but my fishing partner had to cancel our trip the the Gorge owing to major problems with his truck such that he'll need to take care of from home next week so that he can meet family commitments the following two weeks. Not sure I'll be able to get to the Gorge this season, but might be able to get a Strawberry or other trip in.

Tight lines to you who will be out there.