Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Deadwood Conditions

One thing is for sure....something always happens when ya go to Deadwood.
    How is it launching a boat up there this time of year ?
    I usually go in as soon as the snow clears each year so the the reservoir is always pretty full,
    and launch at the penisula.

Thanks,
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Default launching

You can launch at Cozy Cove--My buddy is going in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    Ok.....Thanks !
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

I didn't have any trouble launching on the north end.

Talking

Is it always the same buddy that goes up there? If so, he might as well take up residency there. :-)

Default Hows the water level?

I was thinking of going up next weekend..
    How far down is the water?
    Hows the fishing?

Dustin U

Did not fish, so I can't say.

Check video and images for water level as of Friday. Actually dropped 3 to 4 feet in a week. Probably did the same this week.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11480837...73876789203228

Default fishing report

A friend of mine just got back today--He caught one 6 Lb chinook and lost 2 other big fish--Another friend of his caught 3 chinook over 10 lbs and one rainbow 9 lbs and lost 4 other bigger fish---They fished 3 days--Most all of the fish were caught on red sided shiners from cabelas--Anchovies and herring worked also--The 2 fish my friend lost were on anchovies--He also had 2 other real hard bites that ripped his bait up--If you fish with shinners you must rig them so the spin in the water--2 hook setup

Most guys that are successful at this lake keep pretty hush about what works. Thanks remex40 for sharing your friends report, its good to have this on the internet. Hopefully next weekend when im at deadwood I'll see 60 to 80 boats on the water instead of 40.

A friend of mine just got back today--He caught one 6 Lb chinook and lost 2 other big fish--Another friend of his caught 3 chinook over 10 lbs and one rainbow 9 lbs and lost 4 other bigger fish---They fished 3 days--Most all of the fish were caught on red sided shiners from cabelas--Anchovies and herring worked also--The 2 fish my friend lost were on anchovies--He also had 2 other real hard bites that ripped his bait up--If you fish with shinners you must rig them so the spin in the water--2 hook setup

There was one other boat on the lake and one other camp. I think the goal of this forum is to try and help all fishermen be successful. Going to Deadwood is a long drive and it is hard on equipment. I would like everyone that makes that trip to have the best chance to catch fish and hopefully one of the big fish.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345