Thread: Gorge 13th - 17th

Default Gorge 13th - 17th

Kind of a late report but catching up on work.

Was up at the Gorge last week and fished the WY side mostly but also the Utah side. The Kokanee fishing was really good. I found fish just about every where I tried. My two best areas were above the pipline and a really nice school up past Anvil Point, I think the area is called Middle Marsh Bay. Had that spot all to myself everyday I was on it.

My best colors were Pink & Metallic Squid with a pink and silver dodger. But the Purple Passion was equally as good.

I caught fish at all depths, 10' - 50' feet. Seemed like time of day, wind condition (O, my gosh was it windy!) and area dictated the depth.

Best speed was 1.8mph, but I caught fish going up to 2.3mph.

Love the Gorge and hope I make it back up there soon...

this was above the pipe line on 6/14/16 you can see the school of Kokanee
    front right of the boat, and the lake trout on the left side
    also you can see where I had my downrigger balls.

That is a super interesting pic! I can see how a 360 view would be very useful, maybe something I will need to consider once its time to up grade my unite... That is super cool!!!! I was up above the pipeline latter in day on the 14th, it was probably around 1-4pm. Were you there at that time as well?

Last week was the 1st time I really concentrated on the Mac's. But I noticed while fishing the Antelope flat area that I would see the Lakers streak up to 40'-50' foot from the bottom. I am presuming they were feeding the Koke's that were all over on my screen in the morning at that depth. Would I be correct in thinking that?

Quote Originally Posted by jurkneyes View Post
    That is a super interesting pic! I can see how a 360 view would be very useful, maybe something I will need to consider once its time to up grade my unite... That is super cool!!!! I was up above the pipeline latter in day on the 14th, it was probably around 1-4pm. Were you there at that time as well?

Last week was the 1st time I really concentrated on the Mac's. But I noticed while fishing the Antelope flat area that I would see the Lakers streak up to 40'-50' foot from the bottom. I am presuming they were feeding the Koke's that were all over on my screen in the morning at that depth. Would I be correct in thinking that?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were there in the morning. only day we fished there (we did good)
    I don't fish antelope flats much for Kokes. the Lakers do come up to get the kokes. antelope flats is a good place to troll for lakers on the bottom if they are their.
    did you see my under water video where I got a 43" laker at 20' while I was fishing for kokes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDX6...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were there in the morning. only day we fished there (we did good)
    I don't fish antelope flats much for Kokes. the Lakers do come up to get the kokes. antelope flats is a good place to troll for lakers on the bottom if they are their.
    did you see my under water video where I got a 43" laker at 20' while I was fishing for kokes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDX6...ature=youtu.be

I should have explained that better, I was fishing Antelope flats for the Mac's. There were just a lot of Koke's over there as well.

Yes, I have watched that like 15 times!!! Super cool to see, I also like to see how the Kokanee react to the lures, you can learn a lot by watching that stuff!

We fished Sunday and Monday with great action on bruiser size kokes. We saw fish just about everywhere we went from Ranch House to Anvil Draw. The gray bite was outrageous. On Sunday, we had 6 big kokes in the box before the sun hit the horizon and were back in camp for bfast before 7:00am. During gray bite, they bit everything in the water and were up higher (most bites around 30 feet). After sun up, they got a little more finicky and moved deeper to 40-55ft. On Sunday, spoons and squids were hottest. On Monday, billed squids were the key.

Cheers!

~Freshie

We fished straight out of Buckboard Sunday and Monday for limits of nice kokes, I think we were at the Anvil, and then along some cliffs to the left. First time there, hell, I didn't know where we were, but the fishing was great. We caught everything on pink-orange hoochies behind a Seps flasher 35-40 feet.Tuesday was miserable with heat and wind, drove us out and on our way home. Going back after the 4th of July, this time will stay at the marina with a hook-up for AC and get a berth. The CG next door was great but no generator after 10 pm made for the camper being a sweat box, lesson learned. RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Good to hear there still on the bit. I am shooting for a day trip up from Ogden on 30th but it is not looking good.

Default Ready

We are SO ready...will be at Lucerne July 4th. Looking forward to trying for some big kokes again. The Gorge is an AWESOME place.