Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nantahala Kokanee 2016

Default Nice!!

Wow ,I am happy to hear you are in remission!!!! Great trip to Cheoah ,I still have to get there and try out the new ramp. What area of the lake were you fishing? We have done well at Cheoah around the high bridge down to 20 Mile Creek. The powerhouse in the bend is good as is the flat downstream of the power house . We used to anchor on the flat and fish crawlers and Little Cleos with great success. One fun thing on Cheoah was fishing around trash/scum lines looking for rising trout,if we were fast enough to get a Cleo in front of a trout it was on. I meant to post after our trip to Nantahala, just can't figure how to put up some pics. We got a 20" rainbow 5 minutes after we started,then no bites for 5 and a half hours. We got into kokes about 3:00 and caught 7 and lost 5 or 6 in just over two hours. It was an awesome trip after not fishing for two months. I'm hoping to get a trip in a week or two ,probably to Cedar Cliff. Oh yeah have you heard of any big kokes caught? The two biggest we got had large eggs and well developed nads getting ready to spawn.

Default Cleared some messages.

Hey Ron, I deleted some messages sorry. Let me know if you get back out.You would like Cedar Cliff ,it's about 20 minutes the other side of Sylva from you. Nice landing and around 140 acres,hardly any boat traffic.

Default Cheoah Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by trollmonkey View Post
    Hey Ron, I deleted some messages sorry. Let me know if you get back out.You would like Cedar Cliff ,it's about 20 minutes the other side of Sylva from you. Nice landing and around 140 acres,hardly any boat traffic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4861 (1).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	8799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4865 (2).jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	8800

Hit Cheoah yesterday and found this when I went to launch. Launching was very dicey and I am sure the ramp will be closed and removed by the state for safety reasons. Looked like arson and the fire was very recent as I could smell the burned wooden decking. Did manage to catch these 5 and lost a few more on the way in. Had a few good strikes as well. Fish all over the water column. Going to hit Calderwood next Monday(hope they did not torch the Calderwood dock)
    "There's no losing in fishing. You either catch or you learn."

Default Nice rainbows

Cheoah looks to be fishing well. The brown you got on your last trip was pretty sweet.It had to be a wild fish,the state hasn't stocked browns in several years now. Stinks some moron burned the dock, that whole landing is only a couple of years old. I may try some stream near home this weekend ,and maybe Cedar Cliff in a week or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12