Thread: Evanston Boat Inspection

Default Evanston Boat Inspection

We're taking off for FG Friday morning and expect to arrive at Buckboard Saturday afternoon to set up camp for a weeks koke fishing. I'm wondering if they'll want to see life jackets and all the other needed stuff, or if this is just a mussel inspection. I load my boat to the gills and need to know if I'm going to have to unload everything, coolers, camp chairs, BBQ, buckets, firewood, dog crate. If so I'll try to pack accordingly. The new lower pitch prop goes on in the morning. Thanks in advance for any insight, we're pumped! RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

The inspection at the port of entry in Evanston is primary an AIS inspection. It's hard to cite anyone far away from a body of water for safety measures. Make sure your clean, drained, and dry. Other inspections take place at the Gorge.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thanks for that Bduck. My boat lives in my garage when not in use, clean as a whistle and no bugs. I just didn't want to worry about having to move 300 pounds of stuff in and out to get to some life jackets, I'll pass all inspections that might come my way. Thanks again! RAY

They will need to access all livewells and the bilge, so you may want to pack accordingly......

Thanks Dorado. I don't have a live well and I think the bilge pump is fairly accessible. RAY

Don't know if they have changed but I have never had them do anything but look at the outside of the boat and have me drop the motor. Never made it to the Goarge last year though so some thing could have changed.
    Tim

A couple of years ago as I was heading to the Gorge, they had me lower both motors, uncover the boat from its travel cover to inspect livewell and bilge area. Inspections do tend to get altered from one person to the next. Inspection criteria doesn't change. You could end up with that one individual who has an attitude so to speak. Its all on how you present yourself and able to get yourself a clean pass in a matter of a couple minutes. I find these guys like to interact and BS as not so much as to present themselves as A-Holes.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF