Thread: It's Finally Time!

Default It's Finally Time!

It's been a long winter! New gear ratio in alpha one check! Kicker and main dewinterized check! New fish finder and transducers mounted check! Profesional gel coat detail check! I'm sitting at working getting nothing done because I can't stop day dreaming about tomorrow! I'm excited to see how the deeper gears affect my hole shot, I went from 1.62 to 1.95 . The ol girl had a hard time getting out of its own way with a full load hoping the new gears help! Going to take a nice long shake down run tomorrow and burn up the old fuel and play with my new fish finder! Plan on heading north from buckboard might get lucky and find a few! Thanks for reading my excited ramblings, might see a few of you there , cheers !
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

What kind of FF did you put on? Hope you get out and have a successful run!

Thanks Bogey! I bought a used Lawrance 7 HDI combo from another member! GPS is a big upgrade for me !
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

i just did a engine swap for my friend he went from a 3.0 i-4 to a 4.3 v-6 we kept the same drive ratio 1:98 i believe. he ran his 17 inch four blade prop and really over reved . what prop are you running? i assume its a I/O.

I also have a carbed 4.3l , I'm running a 4 blade stainless 16p and it takes the engine right to 4800rpm which is max rpm at WOT for that engine, my boat is very heavy though so that could be the difference, he may have luck with a 21p

thanks mike