Thread: Under water hookup Kokanee and Lake Trout at Flaming gorge

Default Under water hookup Kokanee and Lake Trout at Flaming gorge

Watch This Flaming George once in a lift time Catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDX6...ature=youtu.be

The 43” Lake Trout was got while my wife and I were fishing for Kokanee using Kokanee gear
    that is why it is such a great catch The Set Up was a Silver Dodger from TRUE BLUE TROLLING TACKLE a pink squid 1 1/2" long, with Two Snell hooks Gamakatsu Octopus Hooks size 2, tied with P line The small hook did not bend. Had this set up on a planer board The fishing line was hooked to a release, so when the fish hits it will realse, will not fight the board. The Camera is about 3' from the dodger. the camera lens got something on it. It is down about 20 feet It took about 40 min. to get him in the boat The water was 175 ft deep where he hit. He went down to 128 ft (I have a good Line counter real) and he did not move for 10 min. I would get him up 20' then he would dive again never going lower than 128'

I had two Cameras down one on the down rigger ball, (down 25') the other on the line hooked to the planer Board, The one on the down rigger did not see a lot of fish, the one on the planer board saw a lot.

43 in Lake trout from Flaming Gorge

Kokanee at FG

Some nice catching Robert. Great to see the kokes are waking up. Planning a trip to Strawberry & the Gorge soon.

What kind of camera are you using? Could use post a picture of the set up please.

Thanks

What kind of camera are you using?

I don't currently have a camera set up....looking for advice...like the look of your footage.

This is the set up

Okuma Fishing Tackle Water Wolf HD Underwater Camera

Price: $127.06 & FREE Shipping Only 1 left in stock. at this price I bought mine for $115.
    http://www.amazon.com/Okuma-Fishing-...ilpage_o04_s00

It looks like the lake trout went for the dodger and was foul hooked in the dorsal fin. Is that right?