Thread: eagle claw 7'6" featherlite rods

Default eagle claw 7'6" featherlite rods

picked up a pair of these for $12.99 each at elephant boys out on sprague in spokane, was skeptical about attaching the reels with the sliding rings but after pinching each ring down flat a bit they are secure,,,no they arent expensive and fancy but hope they will get the job done🎣,,,,i have 2 of the 6' rods on my downriggers and have worked fine😊
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	236 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	8428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	508 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	8427  

I have 2 nine footers I've been using for a couple of years and I really like them. Nice and soft, but enough backbone to land the occasional 18 - 20 incher. I used the stretchy horse tail/athletic pre-wrap tape sold at ranch supply stores around mine to keep the rings from separating.

I use 6'-6" eagle claw bought on clearance at sportsmans for $ 13.00 a couple years ago. I cut some alder shims to make the rings work for my penn reels. They are a lot of fun and have caught a ton of kokes for us. I like the long buts on yours ,mine are spinning style and have short butts and that is my only complaint. I am taking my son and a couple of his cousins out tomorrow and I never worry about letting them use these rods, hopefully they will get a workout.

good ideas on securing reels, mine are very secure after 'flattening' the rings....how did your fishing trip go bayhorse?

We started late 10:30 and left early 2:30 they kept 6 nice trout, no kokes.
    The young men had a great time playing 14-16" rainbows on the ultralight outfits.