Thread: scent formla??

Default scent formla??

I am going to Lake Roosevelt this weekend and considering soaking some corn in a "secret" formula. Only problem is I do not know the "secret"..
    Care to share your scent formula for corn?
    Take time before time takes you

there is alot of talk about 'super dipping sauce', never used it but broke down and got a bottle of the kokanee/sockeye....

I've used Procure's "kokanee special" or "predator" oil scents. Sometimes one is more effective than the other. Yesterday I put one kernel of each on the hook. I put some shoepeg corn in a plastic film cannister (the old 35 mm film containers), add some scent, let it soak for awhile, and then freeze it. I take a container out of the freezer when I'm ready to take a slow boat ride. The slow boat ride yesterday netted me four kokanee and a rainbow on Lucky Peak.

Physion

I saw a demonstration of Procure's water soluble scents and they look interesting. I'm going to try the anise plus and the bloody tuna this year.

Last season Procure bloody tuna powder mixed with tuna and corn produced limits at most lakes for my boat. I use the water soluble scents as well with good results. I like oil based scents, they seem to adhere to into the corn better and leave a very recognizable scent trail for the kokes to follow. Although if I had to rank scent and bait over depth, action, and color. Scent would be last on my list of importance.

I've had good luck with using white shoe peg corn soaked in either tuna or garlic overnight. I have used both the commercial formulas along with just using tuna oil drained off a can of tuna and water off a jar of minced garlic. I have not really noticed a difference. The professional made products may last longer on the corn, not sure. Here are the results of my last outing using the 'homemade' sauces. Both worked about equally well.

Attachment 8431