Thread: 2016 Merwin water conditions?

Default 2016 Merwin water conditions?

If anyone can share the water conditions at Lake Merwin I would appreciate it before heading up. I was up a week and a half ago and it was emerald green with no visibility.

It is still the same, and fishing has been slowwww. I went out last weekend with a buddy, without a single take. We tried long lining, down riggers, and everything in between.....nothing. My buddy went today, with nothing to show for it.

Thanks for updates Koka

Same conditions and results yesterday with water level about 10 feet below Full Pool.

Thanks, got an itchy hoochie finger.....

I was out Saturday, The water is still quite murky (about one foot visibility)and the water temp was 46 but finally the fish are starting to bite. I caught 4 out in the main body right in front of the inlet to Speelyai Bay and one over by the dam. They are marking between 40 and 50 feet but are biting real shallow. I got one on down rigger at 15 ft and the others on flat line 1 ounce lead 90 feet out the majority of hits were on a red Rocky Mountain Tackle wiggle hoodhie and a gold Half Fast Arrow flash.

Any size to them Ronbo

The wife and I drove up to Merwin and Yale today just to check the water conditions out, it was a cloudy green color may keep the bite turned off for awhile but perhaps the warmer weather we are about to get this week will help???? May give it a shot mid week or so.

I had already cleaned them but they were 10-1/2" without heads