Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SPRING BEAR LAKE BRATS GATHERING

Cool 2016 SPRING BEAR LAKE BRATS GATHERING

April 9 is set for the gathering at Bear Lake. Some will be up there for that weekend which I'm hoping to put in a couple of days also. Be sure to let us know if your in and bring a potluck.

Bduck-Bratwurst

Gonefishing-plates, plastic ware, condiments

AFDan-Michigan sauce, brownies
    Last edited by Bduck; 02-06-2016 at 08:15 PM.

I will be setting up at the Marina Wed Afternoon. Looking forward to several days of great Spring fishing at Bear Lake. I will bring condiments, plates, and silverware, the same as our last outing.
    I am looking forward to some soft water, warmer temps, and putting a line in the water.

I will be at the Condo up there the from April 1-10 , and taking the boat hoping for some great Spring Bear Lake fishing. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I hope to make it this year

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    I hope to make it this year
    Hope to finally meet up with you liketrolling. This is an open invite for those interested in a day gathering of fishing and potluck at the end of the day. Don't forget the sling of BS.

The Condos where AFDan is staying also rents out for those who want some kind of comfort during your stay. Cisco Beach on the east side of the lake offers state campgrounds with vaulted outhouses. Campsites are primitive with fire rings. Gonefishing stays something at the state park in Garden City in the parking lot near boat launch. A KOA campground is nearby to the Garden City state park.

Anyone can stay at the marina over night. They charge $15.00 per night, and it is dry camping with out any hookups. The annual pass does not cover the overnight expense. Camping there is level and it is also convenient to stay at the Marina. There are heated bathrooms if needed if you are not self contained. In the past it has always been quiet and the pavement makes for a non dirt camping.
    You need to check on the KOA because they may not be open. Condos are a real nice place to stay. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at this outing again. The last one as always, was good fishing, fun and great fellowship with fellow fishing fanatics.

It's spring break for my daughter the week leading up to the 9th, so I'm torn between bear lake or going to the gorge, (leaning towards Bear lake) we would be camping either at the marina or Cisco beach, do they let you park pretty much where you want in the marina? Or is it assigned areas? I have a 37 ft 5th wheel so it takes up a bit of room. Also are slips available? It would be nice to not have to load and launch each day, any suggestions on what else is needed for the pot luck?
    [SIGPIC]

Gonefishing usually stays at the north end of the parking lot of the state park. He also gets into one of the slips but I believe you need to check with state park officials for a slip. Dallas will probably chime in on this. Looking fwd to meeting up with you saltrunner.

Saltrunner75. I sent you a PM on details etc for staying at the Marina. Hope you make it up. You will see where I am at when and if you come to the gathering.

Roger , I talked to Scott last night, and invited him to the gathering. he sad he was going to mark it down on his calendar. I know you said you had sent an invite to him, just thought I would make sure that he got the message. Also might have another guy that I work with that is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    Roger , I talked to Scott last night, and invited him to the gathering. he sad he was going to mark it down on his calendar. I know you said you had sent an invite to him, just thought I would make sure that he got the message. Also might have another guy that I work with that is interested.
    Glad you were able to get in touch with Scott. Looking fwd to hitting the big blue soon now that I'm hearing ice is breaking up. I'm heading to Everett, WA Monday am and should be back by NLT Thursday if this incoming storm doesn't alter my plans.

Just a reminder that the gathering is around the corner and with the breakup of ice & open water at the Bear, a pre-fishing date is imminent.

I know I'm still in, and getting excited for some early spring fishing on the Big Blue.

I am going for sure. Just hoping that the weather works in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    I am going for sure. Just hoping that the weather works in our favor.
    We had an anemic February for weather and now the weather gods want to make up for it. Since its 2wks away maybe the breaks with come our way.

I'm going to be at bear lake from April 1- 10, I will post weather reports and conditions .

I'm still planning to be there from the 6th to the 9th or 10th planning to stay at the marina. Looking forward to it, hope the bite is on!
    [SIGPIC]

Saltrunner , my boat is Blue and White StarCraft fishing boat 17ft. I'll be fishing near the rock pile and all over . Catch me on the radio Ch 69. Boat name "WICKED FISHA". Give me a halla.lol

I will plan on it; my boat is a black 21 ft Thunderjet with a 150 Yamaha Boats name is Dragon "Balls" I will be all over the lake, but like you I have done the best by the natural rockpile. So that and Cisco Beach will be where i will take a slow ride:)

Recently purchased a green/tan 20' Columbia with a Yamaha 150 main & Yami 9.9 kicker. In transition of putting my taste to the sled. I also will be cruising the rockpile & cisco area. Ch69 is the where I'll chat at.

Can someone please explain to me what species you are targeting in bear lake? I live in Wyoming about 2 1/2 hours from Bear Lake and have never fished it. I am considering it but from my google searches everything is just talking about the cisco. I don't see what the big deal is with a 7-9" fish. I do also see that there are some lakers in there but I can get those and bigger ones up here where I live. That only leaves cuts from what I am seeing so how often are you seeing big cuts say 6lb+? Is that all that is in this lake? I just don't see the big appeal so maybe one of you can explain this to me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo307 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what species you are targeting in bear lake? I live in Wyoming about 2 1/2 hours from Bear Lake and have never fished it. I am considering it but from my google searches everything is just talking about the cisco. I don't see what the big deal is with a 7-9" fish. I do also see that there are some lakers in there but I can get those and bigger ones up here where I live. That only leaves cuts from what I am seeing so how often are you seeing big cuts say 6lb+? Is that all that is in this lake? I just don't see the big appeal so maybe one of you can explain this to me. Thanks
    Ryan, big Cutthroat and Lakers.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

How common are the bigger cuts? I don't really see myself driving that far for lakers that I can catch within minutes of the house but I may drive that far for a chance at a 10 pound cut.

Wyo307 , I have caught a far share of 8-10 lb Cuts at Bear Lake. You can catch these pretty much all year long , the Cisco are only caught in the winter around Late Jan-early Feb. Hope this helps

Wyo307. We definitely do not go to Bear Lake in the spring for Mack's. It's about the cutt's. If you get their on Friday, I will give you a number to hook up with and we will help you with where and how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast