Thread: 2016 Odell Lake Reports

Default 2016 Odell Lake Reports

Still to early but it will warm up before you know it. Mack guys are doing well from what I hear.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

The KPO is now collecting catch records for all the lakes in Oregon. To help us out please go to the Kokaneepoweroregon.com website and under fishing reports fill out the catch record form each time you go out fishing. We can then share this data with the ODFW to show them what is being caught at the area lakes. The KPO will be working with the ODFW this year to stock Detroit Lake with larger sized kokanee in hopes that they will not be just food for the trout and chinook in the lake.

Thanks for the help improving our fishery.
    Last edited by Jurassic Cowboy; 02-20-2016 at 03:43 PM.

You are allowed to fish for Mack's this time of year? I thought Odell was closed for fishing until opening day.I also noticed that the size limit for lake trout has changed to 24 inches
    Last edited by Lund troller; 02-20-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Odell opened to year round fishing on Jan 1, 2016

It's a good thing I checked out the forum thanks for the info. Learn something new every day.

Fished Thursday, nice weather, 72 kokanee, 1 mack. All fish caught on jigs. Water temp was 36 in the am.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72m.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	585.7 KB 
ID:	8392  

Sweet great job are you fishing for them at the West end ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lund troller View Post
    Sweet great job are you fishing for them at the West end ?
    West end was full of macks in the am. Did ok outside of Serenity bay then had a nice frenzy by Burley about noon.

Thanks for the report Lucky Duck - What tackle do you use when you jig for the kokes?

Quote Originally Posted by downriggeral View Post
    Thanks for the report Lucky Duck - What tackle do you use when you jig for the kokes?
    We use our own jigs, Lucky Duck jigs. They have them at Shelter Cove Resort. The 3/4 oz and the 4 eyed spinner were the ticket Thursday. Any color should work.

Thanks Lucky Duck - I don't live anywhere close to Odell. Can you post a pic of the jig to give me an idea of what they look like?

Thanks Lucky Duck - I don't live anywhere close to Odell. Can you post a pic of the jig to give me an idea of what they look like?

Here is a pic, they are 5/8 oz, they spin when you rip them.

Name:	4eyes.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	8404  

Sorry I didn't see your question, fish are all over the lake, we caught most outside Serenity bay and off Burley.

Thanks for the pic Lucky Duck. Cool looking jig. Sounds like it works good.

Default Odell report

Thanks for the pic Lucky Duck. Cool looking jig. Sounds like it works good.
    Thinking about going to Odell maybe on the first of April looks like the weather will be dry.Does anybody have any recent reports on where to start fishing? Thanks

Beautiful Day at Odell today. Caught 26" 7 lb. mack about 120 feet down. My first keeper mack. Will smoke it this weekend. By the end of the day I went through at least 15 different combos for kokes with one hit. Best boat we talked to had 4 kokes. Kokes were really scattered from the surface to 120. Bulls from 80 to way deep. Back to LBC tomorrow for a chance at Bulls and a dinner of kokes!

Mike

Great day jigging, 39 degree water, beautiful weather. The new boat was fantastic, fishing 9 people in comfort, fish were playful and blood was shed-----
    Water temp 39, the good biters were 25-50 feet and moving. Get your jig rods out and call Shelter Cove Resort for reservations and guided possibilities. This should be good for 2 month or so.

Name:	group2611.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	565.5 KB 
ID:	8477  

Still red hot for TLD, over 450 last weekend including an evening jumper bite that was off the hook! Get up there and get it while they are hot. Be prepared to work hard on your sonar.

Hey Lucky Duck, good to hear the kokanee are biting! I'm familiar with serenity bay but what is Burley? Is that a point on the lake? Should be up there this weekend of the 16-17th hope to see you guys out there! I'll update on how I did after the weekend. Hoping to try out your jigs and compare them to my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan A View Post
    Hey Lucky Duck, good to hear the kokanee are biting! I'm familiar with serenity bay but what is Burley? Is that a point on the lake? Should be up there this weekend of the 16-17th hope to see you guys out there! I'll update on how I did after the weekend. Hoping to try out your jigs and compare them to my favorites.
    Burley Bluff they call it. It is a rock slide that is north of Shelter cove resort. Can't miss it, it often holds fish from 60 fow to 110 fow.

Shelter cove resort is still in snow removal/ site recovery at this time with limited RV/trailer sites available. I fished over the weekend of April 16th and 17th, only got about 20 over the two days jigging with two people on the west end. Water temp only 41, and surface temp reached 48 by sunset. Evening bite was the more productive time during these two warm sunny days. Fish size was decent 12 inch range. Looking forward to the next trip.

Monday and tuesday was huntin and hookin! Just looked for surface activity and cast into it. Good start of the season in the high lakes for novice jig angler.

Mike

Went to Odell Friday the 13th and came home with 40 fish between 2 of us.Great weather and great fishing with a great friend can't get any better. All fish caught jigging

Default Mack Attack

Took a co-worker for his first koke fishing trip this past Sunday. Kokanee were plentiful but small and then he hooked into this nice surprise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barnes Mack.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	8660
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....