Thread: I-Pilot with or without link

Default I-Pilot with or without link

I am looking at adding the I-Pilot to my powerdrive, I just don't know which one. For those that already have it is getting the link system worth the extra money. I do like trolling for kokanee up at strawberry and would like to get into more bottom bouncing up at Starvation for walleye. Thanks for any advice you can help me with.

I have my 1198 linked with my motor. I don't think you would think it is a waste of money. I use it for trolling and moving to gps spots a fair amount.

Just make sure that your fish finder is fully capable, I have the regular I-Pilot, and I enjoy it ALOT. I just need more run time on the water since my battery seems to run out in 2-4 hours.

I love my I-pilot, but don't have the link system.

Delta Dude - If you can troll with your main and just use the electric to steer, you can get many more hours our of your batteries. Just a matter of how fast your main trolls at idle.

I added I pilot to my v2. What I do: leave gas motor idleing in neutral and use ipilot for all else. Why? Because I'm charging my battery at same time I'm using from it. Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by rambull View Post
    I added I pilot to my v2. What I do: leave gas motor idleing in neutral and use ipilot for all else. Why? Because I'm charging my battery at same time I'm using from it. Works like a charm.
    I'd like to rig something up to charge while I troll when I use the big motor, but my t. motor batteries are up front. I'd run battery cables from the starter battery to the t. motor batteries, but I'm afraid I'll run the t. motor batteries down to the point I'd also drain my starter battery. I put a switch on the system, I'll forget to turn it to isolate the t. motor batteries, or more accurately Ill remember when I hear click, click, click when I go to start the motor. Can I set it so the motor charges both without creating a situation where the t. motor battery will draw on the starter battery? How effective is the charging going to be with a 15 - 18 foot cable run?