Thread: Great Fishing And No Crowd

Default Great Fishing And No Crowd

The fishing continues to be awesome. Some fish are getting pink with a class of smaller red fish. But some of those bucks are huge most running in the 3 to 4.5 pound range. Not sure why no one has been posting but with the season winding to a end get here before its too late. Here is a picture with my 80 year old Dad. Hope I can come close to paying back the gift he gave me of the outdoors.

Fish On Friends and Don't Waste a Minute!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150801_141912-1.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	674.7 KB 
ID:	8241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dad 2015 75%.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	8242  

Nice catch, I to have wondered why the board has been quite lately.

Is that first picture (the one with the burbout) an older picture? I swear I've seen it posted before, maybe I'm just loosing my mind tho?

Ducksfresh-
    Those are some damn nice kokes!
    Any suggestions for a guy heading up next week?? Hoping to get one last run in before the koke season closes!!!
    Appreciate it.
    Thanks,

Lablover. I hangout between the ranch and south Buckboard. The fish are around but starting to concentrate more all the time. Breeze Hill and Squaw have produced good. Color is still pink and slower speeds seem to trigger strikes the best. I had to ask around because I prefer to jig. Jigging has been spotty. The beds around Squaw and the Ranch have been productive at times but I am guessing there are less 3 year old fish this year because it has been tough at times. Not at all like to old days of jigging on giant schools.

Good luck and safe travels.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfresh View Post
    Lablover. I hangout between the ranch and south Buckboard. The fish are around but starting to concentrate more all the time. Breeze Hill and Squaw have produced good. Color is still pink and slower speeds seem to trigger strikes the best. I had to ask around because I prefer to jig. Jigging has been spotty. The beds around Squaw and the Ranch have been productive at times but I am guessing there are less 3 year old fish this year because it has been tough at times. Not at all like to old days of jigging on giant schools.

What set up were you using I heard you needed to use a Pro-Troll 8" Flasher, and how long of a leader were you using.

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    What set up were you using I heard you needed to use a Pro-Troll 8" Flasher, and how long of a leader were you using.
    I am jigging.

I am jigging.
    Another newbie here, been watching and lurking some to start learning, and am now registered in the Forum.

Have only caught a few Kokanee as incidentals on other fishing.

I am headed to the Gorge this weekend, and do not have downriggers. Can you give me an idea of what types of jigs might work in this late season. Pink colors from your previous post.

Thanks for any info.

Pindale Fisher-
    First I would NOT fish Flaming gorge without downriggers! Your limiting yourself BIG time!
    Seriously look on KSL classifieds here in SLC I've seen a ton of used ones "Crank" style 2 for $150 you will be very thankful you did :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinedale Fisher View Post
    Another newbie here, been watching and lurking some to start learning, and am now registered in the Forum.

Have only caught a few Kokanee as incidentals on other fishing.

I am headed to the Gorge this weekend, and do not have downriggers. Can you give me an idea of what types of jigs might work in this late season. Pink colors from your previous post.

Thanks for any info.
    Pinedale Fisher,
    I removed my downriggers and trolling motor mid-July and started jigging with Buzz Bombs. I had a great season trolling starting in early May but as soon at the fish start schooling up there is nothing like targeting the schools and using one on one skill to catch kokes. I like 3" heavy in the Nite Glo color. Just find a big school and jig over the top of them.

Pinedale Fisher,
    I removed my downriggers and trolling motor mid-July and started jigging with Buzz Bombs. I had a great season trolling starting in early May but as soon at the fish start schooling up there is nothing like targeting the schools and using one on one skill to catch kokes. I like 3" heavy in the Nite Glo color. Just find a big school and jig over the top of them.

Thanks for the info Ducksfresh. Looks like I will be going tomorrow, Thursday, to avoid predicted heavy winds on Saturday. Will check in Green River for the Buzz Bombs - and report back.

Thanks again.

Made it to the Gorge on Saturday midday, and tried a white and green Buzz Bomb by a cliff and deep hole. First cast caught a 23" pup lake trout, then two more in ten minutes. Those were the only fish I was able to catch in three days. Lots of time jigging in a couple different colors, plus tries with other lures. Disappointing, but there is always next year.

Maybe some fall fishing here locally

Quote Originally Posted by Pinedale Fisher View Post
    Made it to the Gorge on Saturday midday, and tried a white and green Buzz Bomb by a cliff and deep hole. First cast caught a 23" pup lake trout, then two more in ten minutes. Those were the only fish I was able to catch in three days. Lots of time jigging in a couple different colors, plus tries with other lures. Disappointing, but there is always next year.

Maybe some fall fishing here locally
    If I was you I would fish with downriggers, I catch a lot of fish with downriggers.