Thread: 1988 Blue Fin Sportster 1950

Default 1988 Blue Fin Sportster 1950

Just purchased this gem from marina that was selling on consignment. It runs great with a 2.3l OMC I/O as a power plant. However, I have no owners manual or service manual for this boat & cannot locate on the internet. This is my first 'big' boat & inboard. The people at the marina didn't even know how big a tank it had. Very frustrated.
    Any suggestions on where to find info would be appreciated.

2.3l engine appears to be a Ford block. Have you been on a test ride with it? Did it get up on plane quickly? OMC is the outdrive and not the motor.
    Last edited by SuperD; 06-02-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default INFO NEEDED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    2.3l engine appears to be a Ford block. Have you been on a test ride with it? Did it get up on plane quickly? OMC is the outdrive and not the motor.
    The boat is a 1988 Blue Fin Sportsman 19' with 2.3 l (Ford) & OMC Cobra outdrive. It gets up very quickly on plane. Any help on finding info on the boat operation & maintenance would be greatly appreciated.

If the marina didn't know for sure whether it was recently done or not, the first thing I would do is replace all fluids and the impeller.

Done as part of purchase. Do you know where I can get printed materials on this boat?

Sorry, but my opinion is that printed materials on that boat would be pretty useless. When you buy a new boat or RV the dealer gives you a satchel of OEM documents that are for each individual component on your purchase. An OEM document on your boat would be nothing more than the hull. Everything else on the boat has been bolted on. If you have specific questions about frequency of maintenance or performance issues, we have a lot of guys here that can help you with that.