Thread: Utah Boat Registration

Default Utah Boat Registration

Received a notification in the mail that came from the DNR. A $10 fee will be added to annual boat registration fees in Utah in support of the AIS program. I talked to a representative at the regional office in Ogden that it only effects residential boat owners in Utah right now and not nonresidents. I mentioned that surrounding states are charging a fee to nonresidents for AIS. It also was mentioned that a nonresident fee is being discussed. Also the AIS self certification certificate still needs to be done by all whether its the daily form found at launch sites or the annual online test.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan_20150716.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	8163  

​Yup , I got mine the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    ​Yup , I got mine the other day.
    You sure you use your boat Dan? I haven't seen you on any of the ponds lately.

It looks good in his driveway
    I just know stuff...

little off topic but it Looks like we all live fairly close to Each other, I live in Farrwest right by the fairgrounds/Veterans home/Old Jr high school. you can see our house & new large shop from 1200 North (the road all them listed above are on)

Right now , I live in North Ogden , hoping to be living on 800 North in Harrisville in the Spring sometime.

I will be making my first Utah boat registration in late May / early June. I also have a camper that I have to register that never required registration in California. First time through the mill, can I just take every to the registration office or do I need to do something with a middle man like with the car and truck?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I can talk with you more about this stuff in a few weeks when I see you in Cali Dave
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

DMV will require a VIN check form That has to be done by a police officer, to regester with any out of state titles, you can print the form from the DMV website, it will save a wasted trip.

Quote Originally Posted by saltrunner75 View Post
    DMV will require a VIN check form That has to be done by a police officer, to regester with any out of state titles, you can print the form from the DMV website, it will save a wasted trip.
    Or you can haul them both down to the DMV & they'll do the Vin Insprction on site.

OR, I can come to your house for lunch, a cold beer, inspect your boat and trailer and sign the paperwork.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    OR, I can come to your house for lunch, a cold beer, inspect your boat and trailer and sign the paperwork.
    Sounds like a deal I can't refuse. Lunch, cold beer and you'll get to ride in the boat, is that what's called a "win, win"?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk