Thread: How is Anvil area doing?

Default How is Anvil area doing?

My dad will be flying in on wed & we will be heading up Friday morning to stay for the weekend, going yo be staying at Lucerne so thinking ill head north into Wyoming to try & find the Koke's, last time I launched at Lucerne I fished the island right out of anvil & did decent, but have only been fishing buckboard ever since.
    are the fish back in that area? Or still further north/south?
    My dads only home once a year to go fishing so would really like to get him into some Koke's

Fished just north of Middle Marsh yesterday morning for about 90 minutes. Only a few marks on the graph and caught two small kokes. Bite overall was slow and had a time trying to find any significant concentrations of kokes. Launched at Ferry Crossing and fished around the area. I didn't make it south to some of my favorite areas around Avil.

~Freshie

Dang, wonder how the fishing is between avil & Lucerne then, like in the pipeline area?

Fished the area north of middle marsh on 14th and 15th did ok for 3 lb size fish. Went back last weekend and only caught one fish in that area. Found fish farther north but fishing was slow and it was afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Island20 View Post
    Fished the area north of middle marsh on 14th and 15th did ok for 3 lb size fish. Went back last weekend and only caught one fish in that area. Found fish farther north but fishing was slow and it was afternoon.
    Sounds familiar. We fished that area Memorial Day weekend with decent success. Wasn't doing this last Monday.

We'll be camping out July 2nd - 6th out at the end of point in Anvil Draw. Anyone who wants to stop by for a beer and fish tales is welcome. Look for the 16' ft Starcraft and RV with the pirate flag!

Dang, sounds like it'll be search & fish mission, hopefully we can find some

Looking like we're going to try just north of Marsh, around Lowe canyon, sounds like that's where the fish are from what I've been told
    Last edited by TRUBBS; 06-25-2015 at 11:08 AM.

I fished Anvil Saturday morning, skunk in that area. Went North a ways and caught a couple. It's slower than its been in the last couple years unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by freshie View Post
    Sounds familiar. We fished that area Memorial Day weekend with decent success. Wasn't doing this last Monday.

We'll be camping out July 2nd - 6th out at the end of point in Anvil Draw. Anyone who wants to stop by for a beer and fish tales is welcome. Look for the 16' ft Starcraft and RV with the pirate flag!
    I fished over by Lowe Canyon week of 6/15-20, caught some in the 3 lb range and a 3 3/4 lb Koke the last day. They were 15 to 40 deep at between 120 and 140 depth contour off the shore. I zig zag thru them at 1.9, used RMT chart haze, pink metallic and double glow Pink Bill Fish Squids 20" back from 5 1/2" Capt.Ken's nickel/code blue dodgers with a setback of 8' back from the ball. I think any general shape of Ken's nickel dodger would work. The bite was very sporadic from the rising water levels. Good luck.
    Last edited by Walldiver; 07-02-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walldiver View Post
    I fished over by Lowe Canyon week of 6/15-20, caught some in the 3 lb range and a 3 3/4 lb Koke the last day. They were 15 to 40 deep at between 120 and 140 depth contour off the shore. I zig zag thru them at 1.9, used RMT chart haze, pink metallic and double glow Pink Bill Fish Squids 20" back from 5 1/2" Capt.Ken's nickel/code blue dodgers with a setback of 8' back from the ball. I think any general shape of Ken's nickel dodger would work. The bite was very sporadic from the rising water levels. Good luck.
    A dodger I don't have, looks like I need to get some. some of his stuff has worked for me, I asked him to make a Squid for me that I could not find and he did.
    I bot his Mack Master Dodger/Hoochie Mackinaw Combo and still have not got a lake trout on it.

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    A dodger I don't have, looks like I need to get some. some of his stuff has worked for me, I asked him to make a Squid for me that I could not find and he did.
    I bot his Mack Master Dodger/Hoochie Mackinaw Combo and still have not got a lake trout on it.
    The Dodger on Mack Master are identical to what I used, you could jury rig the MM to use just the dodger part and you'd be set.

We did very well for us in between anvil and the pipeline. We caught several over 4lbs along with a lot of pups. Our problem was the 50 or so 8-10 kokes getting in the way. We fished from the 30-the July 2nd. On a side note I did hook into a lake trout that looked like a old garbage can lid on 6lb test. He won the fight after a hour and 15 min
    Last edited by drakebob01; 07-06-2015 at 08:53 PM.