Thread: Size matters

Default Size matters

Hi fellow Kokeaholics,

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been reading and learning for quite a while, and recently had a chance to put it all to use. Thanks for all the articles and information you all put up here!

Like I said, I'm a novice at this game. Just learning, and having a blast. Can't seem to really "get into 'em" where it's fast and furious, but I'm pretty impressed with the size of the fish. They are averaging close to 20 inches. Nothing like a big koke stripping line, and going airborn! Had one hit so hard it broke me off.

I can't wait get down on some smoked koke.

Caught these on a silver dodger, and a green wedding ring, tipped with shrimp/anise scented shoepeg corn, 50-70 feet deep, 1.3 mph. Unfortunately, I have a bad case of amnesia when it comes to names...Lost Lake? (it was here in WA)

~ Tight Lines,
    Kokefiend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kokes June '15.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	8116  

A personal friend is a fisheries biologist in this area. We were out to dinner the other evening and were talking about the size of these fish, and he felt there was probably a predation problem in the lake, which results in large amounts of food for the kokes that do survive. Maybe it was the easy winter? I sure hope they don't change anything!

Tight lines,
    ~ Kokefiend