Thread: Ramp Rant

Default Ramp Rant

Yesterday put in a squaw hollow,and headed up the lake to fish for some kokes, So about 5/p decided to head home,and here is where the fun starts. Got to the ramp tied off the boat,and headed to the truck. upon getting to the truck, I seen I had a flat tire on the trailer. Well crap, but better to change a tire without the boat on the trailer,instead of having the boat on the trailer. Then I seen the fender sitting to one side, then I noticed,my vertical guide on was bent over ,where is was almost touching the ground. Some SOB had backed into my boat trailer. No note, no nothing, I was so pissed that I could spit nails. Tire is ruined,rim will have to be replaced,new fender, hoping I can straighten my guide on. Also so the tail light bracket is bent and hoping to be able to straighten it out also. When I parked there was no one on that side of me,so this happened after I was long gone. Who ever this a/h is, i hope his boat breaks down some where and he had to paddle to shore.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

That really sucks! I had some fender damage on my trailer and couldn't find a replacement anywhere that matched. I finally found a body shop that ran it through their straightener. That brought it back to being hardly noticeable.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

That follows my belief in today's society, of which my respect of is lessening everyday. I think that would be common place in the state I live in, but there... maybe the suspect is from where I live... kinda bashing myself but it is what it is. Sorry you had to endure that. I have no respect for people without honor.

Quote Originally Posted by 4449 View Post
    That follows my belief in today's society, of which my respect of is lessening everyday. I think that would be common place in the state I live in, but there... maybe the suspect is from where I live... kinda bashing myself but it is what it is. Sorry you had to endure that. I have no respect for people without honor.
    I have no idea where the jackwagon was from, but as you said more and more we see people without honor ,or respect for others. On the bright side ,I will be up and running in a few days
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Hopefully karma will catch up with the knucklehead. I always try to park next to a rig which looks like it's been well taken care of, so hopefully they know how to drive it, or if something did happen they would leave a note with their info. I avoid the small Toyota pickups hooked to a heavy tandem axle rust bucket ....or worse. Glad you'll be up and running again soon.

My wife has a phobia of parking next to anybody, no matter how nice their vehicle looks. She will park in the boonies and when we come back, there is always a rig parked right along side of us with dozen of open spaces available. I haven't managed to figure it out yet.

Tim, sorry to here about your trailer. This sounds like the classic insurance claim but individual who did this is not insured. A law breaker with no honor.

Yep, that really chaps my hide too!!!!!!!
    People have been heading down hill for 50 +years!!!

So sorry to learn about that. Trailers, tires, boats are enough to worry about without the p**** drifting around unchecked.

smokepoles, just for clarification, was that a rose thorn jab in the finger that got bleeped? LOL!

Going to Spring Shores any weekend is both comical and maddening.

Yesterday, when I went to retrieve my boat there were 2 people lined up and I asked to go ahead of them as they were just finishing loading their stuff. 2 others were launching and after they cleared the ramp some JackA$$ pulled up and blocked the ramp, completely, side-to-side. Him and his dog or whatever got out and started unloading their SUV into the boat, taking their Friggen time while untying the hold-downs. I pulled in front of him and started backing down and this POC got mad and started mouthing off. …..

That’s not the best though, I trolled by the dock and some yahoo had his pickup backed into the water, blocking 1/3 of the ramp and loading his soon to be lawn-art vehicle from a boat that was on the lake side of the dock…… I bet there were 5 boats waiting to launch. It’s ok though, they were wakeboard boats so who cares.
    Last edited by callelk; 06-22-2015 at 08:28 PM.