Thread: Wolford Reservoir 6/3/15

Default Wolford Reservoir 6/3/15

Just returned home to Denver after a day at Wolford fishing for Kokanee. I had 12 hookups, lost 2, landed and kept 5- 12"-14" and tossed back 2 little guys and released 3 rainbows. I had a number of hits that did not get the hook! I was using pink everything trolled behind Luhr Jennsen Cow bells in silver!. YES cowbells, my go to set up that I have used for 30+ years! I was also using rubber snubbers in red otherwise I know I would have lost more fish.
    Seams like most guys are using a single flasher these days and I say if it works, use it! The kokes were at 10-15' and in the middle of the lake just east of the boat ramp and south to the dam.

I fished Friday the 5th and Sunday the 7th and had great results. I had 20+ rainbows on Friday with 6 kokanee and on Sunday 12 total fish with 7 Kokanee, yellow and chartreuse were the hot colors. All fish were shallow less than 10 feet, most at 5-8 feet. All were in the middle of the lake in front of the ramp, and corn makes the deal. The fish seem bigger this year at this time and the rainbows were running up to 16 inches.

Fwood

Great report! I am going to go back up next week and hope for more of the same or better!

Tim

troll4fish have been out lately I am thinking of going on Thursday any reports.

Fwood

I have not been able to get back up there but may go on Thursday as well. I have a white Arima Sea Chaser 17 with a closed bow and convertible top and a Mercury 90 and a Honda 8hp kicker. I will be planer board fishing and using the downrigger's also and I start in front of the boat ramp and work the middle and go south so look me up if you are there! VHF channel 66 or CB channel 23

Tim

The bite is still on at Wolford! went Sunday 6/28 and kept our limit of Kokanee and released many small kokes and rainbows. Orange was the color, middle of the lake long lines at 100' behind the boat

The bite has been slow

went to Wolford Saturday 8/15 bite was good, found fish at 30'-45' down in 60+ feet of water on the south side of the lake and we used downriggers most the day. landed about 18 kokes. lost 4-5 on the way to the boat and threw back 3 little ones. most of the 12 fish we kept were 12"-14". some hooked jaw fish caught so they are starting to turn.

Tim