Thread: Reloading

Default Reloading

I've been using the simple Lee Loader for some standard 30-06 reloading, but would like to move into using a full reloading set-up. I'm looking at the Lee Classic Loader compared to the more expensive RCBS Rock Chucker and am wondering if any of you have had experience with either or both? Any feedback or recommendations?
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Never used a Lee Classic Loader, but love the RCBS Rock Chucker. Been reloading for the last thirty years and the rock chucker has done all I have needed and more. There are some more auto type features on some of the higher end reloaders if you plan on doing a lot of handgun reloading, but my rock Chucker has been great for the 100-150 rounds of rifle (.270 win., .243 win. .308 win. and 7 x30 waters) and 300 rounds of .40 S & W handgun rounds I reload each year. If you look around you should be able to find a used one for a bit cheaper than brand new.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Thanks sawtooth.

Another with no Lee experience but I have had my rock chucker since 1983, have literally loaded thousands of rounds of 7mag, 270, 308 and 357, and 223. Have had no issues and still love it. according to craigslist you could pick one up for under 200.

Mack,

The RockChucker is a wonderful press. Until I got my AR a single stage was good enough. I decided to get the Dillon 550B and really enjoy it. Not too much more than the RockChucker but I can pump out several hundred 223 per hour. Same with pistol. Uses most brands of dies though LEE dies are a bit short but will still work. You can keep your single stage press for small runs.

FWIW I know this is not what you asked for, but giving my 2c.