Thread: April 20th and 21st at the gorge

Default April 20th and 21st at the gorge

Went up to the lake the 20th and 21st the mack fishing was fair in the mornings but they would go in to hiding around 10:00am so we switched to koke fishing. We were able to get two limits in a few hours time. we had are best luck on orange bill fish squids behind a orange Tsunami dodger fished around 20' at 1.8 mph.

All the fish seemed to be in great shape and tail walked more than I have ever experienced before and don't forget about the rainbows they were lights out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	7974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	7975

What area was you fishing it? I hope to be able to get some macks this year

Nice Job Aaron. that Koke is a toad of a fish.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

those are nice fish especially that koke , I love the bill fish lures too

We fished the kokes up north and the macks around swim beach. Most of the kokes we got were in the 2 to 3 pound range but that one was touch over 4 pounds.

we were running two standard squids and two bill fish squids and the bill fish out produced the standards by a lot.
    Last edited by nofish; 04-24-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    We fished the kokes up north and the macks around swim beach. Most of the kokes we got were in the 2 to 3 pound range but that one was touch over 4 pounds.

we were running two standard squids and two bill fish squids and the bill fish out produced the standards by a lot.
    did you get the mack trolling or jigging ?

I just got back from FG
    this is what worked for me And we got a lot of kokes.
    RMT 4.25" Nickel Pink Crushed Signature Dodger with a Bubble Gum Signature Squid used on a planerboard. had a koke come out of the water 4 times
    it looked like 3' each time it broke the back hook so lost that one.
    (I have lost a lot of fish because that hook brakes. so what I have been doing is using #2 hooks and 15lb Pline Fluorocarbon, and that seem to woork)
    any way I put a silver with pink Squid on and boy was that was working. I don't know where I bot it. (it is the only one I have)
    5.5" The Fusion Signature Dodger (I love this dodger) on a home made Squid

Macks double d dodger with pink and, pink and white squids

5.5" 'The Brooky' Orange Sockeye Signature and Orange Squid

Did any of you see any Kokes on your Fishfinders? I did not see any. I don't know if they would move away from the boat then come back, I think that is why the planerboard was working so good.
    I saw a lot of fish from 45' down, did not go down to see if I could catch any, I was thinking like laker pups.

We got the macks jigging, that's the only way I can consistently get the bigger fish.

Yes we could see the kokes on the finder, some times it was nothing more than a streak and they would crush the bill fish, other times they would swim with the downrigger weights before they would hit the lure.

I thought you might be jigging when I saw the squid on the rod , my friend used to catch mac trolling a squid . but with pop gear. I hope I can try jigging this year I don't have an electric so it will be on someone else's boat.