Thread: Washington Summer?

Default Washington Summer?

We are gonna be in the Spokane area most of June. We wanna chase kokes in a 100-150 mile distance from Spokane...where do you suggest?
    see you out there
    Tortuga

Never fished it but 45 min north up HWY 395 (just north of Deer Park) is Loon Lake, 2 hrs north up HWY 2 into Idaho is Priest Lake, I think they are also in Lake Pend Oreille and Coeur d alane as well. (Should research it and not take my word for it). Priest Lake is worth the drive just for the scenery, I spent all my summers up there growing up.
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Thanks for the info, Mudinchev. Last summer we actually Drove to CDA and up to Pend Oreille and then came back to Spokane along the Priest River and over to Hwy 2. Saw an eagle flying right next to us as it glided along the river...awesome!

I have fished Loon a lot in the summer. We night fish for the kokanee and you can see my reports about it on Washingtonlakes.com. We have also fished Priest in Idaho. Good times for sure!

DR Al...where do you launch at Loon? Hope to see you this trip since we didn't make it in Dec.

Froggie there are two launches, one at the south end at Granite Point resort (only a short distance from where we night fish). The public WDFW launch is on the NW end of the lake.
    You should get a permit to launch at the public one when you get your license. Navigation at night in the dark is interesting when returning to the public launch. If we can get together I can help with all of that.

What about trolling in the daytime for kokes at Loon? Hey Al, we want to invite you out on our boat...whether it be Loon, CDA or Pend Oreille??

We could get together at Loon or wherever. I have trolled Loon with some success. Will probably spend some time trolling up there before you get here. Or I can take you for a night fish in my boat. Loon is only about 45 min to the fish from my house.

Loon Lake or Deer Dake. PM me if you want some tips. -Mack
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Lake Roosevelt

Thanks everyone...i haven't been on line but Froggie (my wife) has been checking in. We hope to hit several lakes. I guess we'll be missing the spring runs on the Columbia?
    By the way on WA Lakes I'm mooseboy....tortuga was taken!!
    Last edited by tortuga; 04-26-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: explain better