Thread: latest creation

Default latest creation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9365.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	7957

This is my latest creation. The blade is a #2 colorado ghost blade (the improved model). The top one caught both kokanee and trout today on Lucky Peak.

Physion

I like that ghost blade
    Last edited by MackayGuy; 04-17-2015 at 09:57 AM.

I think I may have something similar in here somewhere, but probably can't find it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	7964  

I've picked up a few ghost blades but haven't tried them yet. I'm always a fan of the pink and purple, where did you find that one at?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

It's a long story. I originally ordered some ghost blades from a reliable online source. They arrived, I tried them, but they wouldn't spin. I returned them. Meanwhile, I had found the website of the manufacturer. I explained the problem, he tried some in his tank, and then sent me his rig and some new blades and clevises to try. We discovered the original source had sent me the older style, a flatter blade. The newer improved style has a lot more cup to the blade. The online store provided on the manufacturer's website did not list the #2 Colorado blade. The manufacturer is sending the blades I want directly to me. I am very impressed with the customer service he provided.

The manufacturer is Dutch Fork Custom Lures. I have been working with Keith Eshbaugh via email.

The manufacturer suggests using a #1 stirrup clevis. I am concerned that the stirrup clevis will cut the monofilament. I used a #2 folded clevis. Both work well. I used a 3/32 inch metal bead as a bearing below the clevis. Be aware that the blade will not spin as fast as some of the metal blades found on wedding rings, etc. The ghost blades do spin better at a little higher speed. The pink and purple one caught more fish yesterday than the spinner with a metal blade.

Short answer: I got them directly from the manufacturer: Dutch Fork Custom Lures. Make certain you get the deep cup blade. The older, flatter style will not work as well.

Great help and customer service.
    Last edited by Physion; 04-19-2015 at 09:33 AM.