Thread: First time fishing Flaming Gorge

Threaded View

If you have two days limit in your possession and have been checked at Flaming Gorge by a Wildlife LE Officer, there is only one thing you'd have, and it's a ticket and they'll take the excessive fish. They do check, they will cite you. It's pretty black and white, they don't have a lot of room for officer discretion. I think we'd all like to see the law changed to some extend, so you don't drive all that way and can only take one days possession home. Kind of sucks. I've eaten Kokanee for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I can fish the next day legally. Good news is, the pup macs are good in the smoker as well. You can take home 8 of those (1 of which can be over 28"). Anyone thought of this? If he freezes them, overnights them home? Wife puts them in the freezer at his residence? Wouldn't that be legal? Don't know how you'd do it from Flaming Gorge, but just speaking crazy, looks like once their in your permanent residence your okay (if you're in UT and fish were caught in UT). Not that I'm an expert on the regs.
    Last edited by submoa; 06-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.