Thread: Lake Berryessa report

Default Lake Berryessa report

My first post here. This past weekend, we spent time on this lake looking for kokanee and/or Kings..... nothing!! Using the usual stuff, downriggers, dodgers, flashers, hoochies, wedding rings, shad, etc. Depths from 15-120 feet. We stayed in the Markley Cove area marked a bunch of fish, but obviously we weren't doing something right, but dammit, we tried! After this skunking, I found and joined this forum for a revenge visit on this lake. Great forum. Can anyone explain the skunking? Because of the full moon? Were we there too early? I went through all the colors of lures that I had. There was one other boat that was trolling, but we never saw their net move (not saying they didn't catch anything though).

Berry has been locked up tight so far this season. A lot of guys with reputations for owning that lake have been getting their a$$ handed to them and leaving with the stripped kitty. Some fear that the lake has been collapsing the last couple of years and this is certainly not a great start to this season.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Welcome aboard 4449. With the lack of water it's a wonder the old town of Monticello is not re-established and the Glory Hole is just an expensive bird bath ornament.

Thanks for the replies. I hope it gets better because I plan on a revenge trip. I'll keep an eye on the upcoming reports (assuming there are any more).

Berry is a wierd lake...it has been tuff for everyone!

When it is tuff Ive been advised to try a couple (or so) of things....hire T-Roy(local guide) to teach you the lake, go east and north, use a red white and blue hootchie (Berry special), and speed up a little...1.8 is often good!. Use a chrome apex behind a chrome 4" sepps dodger or a Murphy's lollipop bug behind a watermelon Wild Thing...always works!!. Don't forget to pay homage to the fishgods!!!
    Good luck,
    Tortuga