Thread: American Lake 2015

Default American Lake 2015

First American Lake Kok of 2015 - 1 Mar 2015:

It’s been slow going for Kokanee this Winter at the home lake but after a lot of perseverance and time on the water, I was able to land my first Kok this year. While I was starting to put some of my gear away to head in, I had another take down and lost what I believe was another Kok at the boat. I was changing it up quite a bit and tried at least four different setups. However, I ended up getting both hookups on “Ole Reliable” – RMT 5.5 Bahama mama and a Cotton Candy Minisquid. Both take downs were at 11ft down on the wire and 40 pulls back at a trolling speed of 1.1 to 1.2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4471_130697188837450000.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	7794

I went on Saturday 4/18 lots of boats out. I could not find them. Its pretty sad when I caught 3 sweet rainbow and I was mad they were not kokanee. This lake seems to give me problems when it comes to catching koks. I have only pulled out 2 on separate days. I am just going to have to put more time in on the water. I really wanted to hook into a nice kokanee as my low budget boat with its 1957 Evinrude 7.5 trolled past "Salt Patrol" and its new twin Evinrude G2 200's. yea, I got boat envy.

I had fun anyway, great weather and I was not at work getting bodily fluids on my scrubs. (I work in a local Emergency Room)

Tight lines.