Thread: Buckboard well I have the itch.

Default Buckboard well I have the itch.

I am wondering about the ice at buckboard, I was thinking about a trip around the 20th of March, I know the Kokes will be slow, but I usually crush big rainbows there in the spring. It is a 4 1/2 hr drive for me and a lot of paperwork for Wyoming.

Fwood

2 1/2. Weeks ago when I was there last the ice had left the buckboard and was about 2 miles north of the marina the rainbo fishing has been very good we are still early for pre spawn fattys but pitching jigs has been very productive for fish in the 2-3 1/2 lb range

I called buckboard yesterday and she said they bay had not frozen in with this cold weather so you should be good to go! We will be going out of Buckboard on Saturday, hoping for a productive day on the water chasing anything that will hit the end of my line!

Thanks for the good info.

Jon

The itch is starting to transform into an anxiety level. With spring going back into the sprung mode again, maybe some plans will be put together. Not fond of the daylight savings time era that comes this time of year.

I just hauled my boat up to Buckboard last Tuesday. Les and crew were working on the docks-they should be all be in by this Friday. Water was open-lots of boats going in and out for the day. Hoping to drop the boat into the slip for the season on Friday!

I am stuck at work out of town, and hope to get the boat in the water in about 10 days. I am probably going to hit Blue Mesa in CO. it is about 2 hrs closer to the house.

Jon