Thread: Hayden Lake Kokanee

Threaded View

Default Hayden Lake Kokanee

First of all many thanks to SsendaM (Brian) for taking me out today. We have been wanting to get together since last year and finally made it happen.

Got the lines in about 8:30, it was in the upper 30's with overcast; we were hoping for the sun to burn off the clouds but alas only a glimmer for a little while mid day. Almost no wind and the the water was a balmy 38 degrees. We ran a top rod, a leaded line outfit, and two downriggers. Brian rigged up with his tried and true wedding ring style home brewed lures and I set up with some new tackle and kokanee rod I got at the Portland Sportsman's Expo last week. (Gotta try the new stuff you know)!

Brian got the first fish, of course, at 35 feet deep on the downrigger. Then he got the second.......third, fourth; you get the idea. Wait a minute I normally catch fish????? So I hang in there and finally catch a couple of fish after several drive by's and mid releases. You know the usual stuff when kokanee fishing. The colors of the day were green, orange/green and firetiger mini hoochie with watermelon Crystal Basin dodger. Fish were caught from the top down to 55' deep; just one here and there. The bite died around noon and we finished up with 10 beauties that were 12" long on average.

Great day, lots of fun and oh yes fish stories........
    Thanks again Brian - Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hayden 2015 004.jpg 
Views:	1073 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	7763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hayden 2015 002.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	7762