Name:	IMG (3)_20141206_091548_413.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	7728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG(4)_20141206_091937_834.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	7729

I launched at 6:00 A/M and had gear in the water and was fishing by 6:30. I was targeting Kokanee which is pretty slow this time of year but for those who know me, this is not a deterrent.

The fish were scattered and was marking them at depths from 10 to 50ft. I originally set one rigger at 15 and the other at 27ft . I adjusted depths up and down depending on where I was marking fish. I had a couple drive bys the first hour and one nice hit that didn’t stick. I checked bait on both lines an reset at 9 and 25ft.

After about 10 minutes, the line set at 9ft popped the release and the drag started squealing. This fish was stripping line and really working the drag. I fight lasted about 10 minutes and turned out to be a 20 inch Bow. Although I was targeting Koks, this was my personal best for size out of American.

I quickly reset and started trolling again when the line set at 25ft pops the release and the fish starts stripping line. After another 10 minute battle to land the second Bow, to my surprise, it was even larger at 21 ½ inches. All fish were caught using RMT Kok gear, corn, maggots and the secret sauce. Rainbow catching with Kok gear…go figure.

The first fish was caught using my friend Darren's Monster Kokanee killing rod!!! Thanks Darren!

I'd call that a darn fun day for this time of year!!

Nice catch kokanee slayer. Its not uncommon to catch bows or other species using kokanee tackle but makes it an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Nice catch kokanee slayer. Its not uncommon to catch bows or other species using kokanee tackle but makes it an added bonus.
    To that point, I made a Koke lure a few years ago that had 5 species to its credit before the leader broke. (Kokanee, Rainbow Trout, Chinook Salmon, Crappie & Bass)
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Mark, nice fish. I plan on hitting the lake in the next few weeks now that deer season is winding down.

Very True. But normally I try to avoid them by fishing deeper. Although Chartreuse works well early and late season at this lake, I typically don't use that color combo because the Bows are all over it and it's a pain fighting through them to get to the Koks.