Thread: Whiskeytown 8/15-8/16

Default Whiskeytown 8/15-8/16

IceColdKoke and I decided to make a weekend run up to Whiskeytown since the weather last week had been so nice. Well, someone turned up the thermostat for this weekend up there. It was 100+ up there yesterday so we spent a lot of time in the water. "Stupid silly" is the best description that I can come up with for the fishing. We had some mechanical issues to deal with yesterday so it took a whole hour to get our limit. Fish were at 50' - 60' on the wire. And we stayed with the season long theme of "anything pink."

Since it was so freaking hot, we decided that rather than roasting in camp, we'd stay out all day swimming, smoking cigars and drinking Jack Daniels Honey & 7. We found this nice cove and anchored up.

We knew we had to pack up for home today so we launched at 6:23 a.m. and put #10 in the box at 7:15. Boated 5 from the bridge to the floating bathroom and turned around and boated another 5 going back to the bridge. We were back in camp eating pie and drinking coffee by 8:00 and on the road home by 9:30 a.m.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Nice!!!!! At least you were on the water.

It's hot here too in northern Utah. I should be out after archery elk, but it's hard to get motivated when it's reaching 90+ during the day. It just ain't right.