Thread: Awesome Flaming Gorge Trip

Default Awesome Flaming Gorge Trip

Just returned from 10 fun filled days of fishing the Gorge. We fished from the Ranch to Sheep Creek and found lots of Kokes in all the usual places. Got mixed reports from guys at the Docs about how slow or good it was. We found it to be ok. For the amount of fish we ween on the fish finder I thought it should have been better than it was. Lots of Kokes in the 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 lb range. Man they are huge and put up a good fight. Fish were 55 to 75ft. Most productive lure color was a tie between orange and pink. Leaning more towards pink on most days.Weather was great except for last Wed and Thurs with some wind, lighteneing, and rain. Most days the lake was calm as glass. Caught one fish that was pretty orange in color but the others had the hook jaw going on. It was a great trip for sure. Caught lots of Lake trout and a few bows as well.

Nice report, I can't wait to get back down there. My favorite lake in all of Wyoming. You rarely ever hear guys say the fishing sucked there !

Jacksonlaker,

Don't you know that fishing never sucks! Catching, sometimes, but not fishing!

We must have missed each other this year at the Gorge. Maybe next year.
    Last edited by smokepoles; 08-17-2014 at 07:22 PM.