Thread: Late Gorge Report from 8/1

Default Late Gorge Report from 8/1

Well I figured after checking this forum out for 2 years and loving the reports I figured it's my turn!
    Arrived 7/30 afternoon to rain and 56 degree temperatures, Hit the usual spots and had to fight to keep mac pups OFF! Got A couple decent kokes and called it a day.
    Thursday AM Sunshine and a 90 degree day! What a difference this made, fish moved and varied in depth. It was slow to say the least.......
    Then Friday we FOUND them :) ORANGE was the go to color! And the flashier the dodger the better. After the storm fish stabilized and were found in the mid 60' s.
    It seems the kokes are just starting to stage but if you find the schools and have riggers at the right depth you will catch them. Also, a little faster speed was better than
    slower. All fishing took place on the Utah side, The other half of our group hit Wyoming and had poor success but others told us they did well up there???
    Good luck to ALL.

Lablover

Attachment 7611

I will be at FG Monday, looks like rain all week
    on the Utah side kokes are only 2 lbs or less
    Wy side kokes are 3 to 4 lbs
    I was there last week fishing was good on both sides
    some Koke we got at Javies with 4 kids who had never fished before we got them in about 2 1/2 hours
    Last edited by liketrolling; 08-08-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Thanx lablover for a great report. Monsoonal flows here have kept temps from soaring. More expected in a couple of days.

So here's the deal I have NO idea where to find Kokes on the Wyoming side so I generally stay on the Utah side.............
    I would say the Kokes on average are a bit larger this year with the average being 2- 2.5lbs. Will be back up on the week before labor day staying through the Holiday.
    My goal is one NICE RED koke for the wall :) If anybody would like to share some info on the Wyoming side it would be much appreciated! Just send me in the general area I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole?
    Also, if any body is going to be up there that week shoot me a PM would love to share info! Will be staying with a ole friend who lives in Manila..............

lablover, You mentioned that they were starting to school. Did you see any balls of fish on the fish finder? Heading up next weekend and hoping to jig for them south of Buckboard.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Walleyes and Roosters; 08-11-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    So here's the deal I have NO idea where to find Kokes on the Wyoming side so I generally stay on the Utah side.............
    I would say the Kokes on average are a bit larger this year with the average being 2- 2.5lbs. Will be back up on the week before labor day staying through the Holiday.
    My goal is one NICE RED koke for the wall :) If anybody would like to share some info on the Wyoming side it would be much appreciated! Just send me in the general area I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole?
    Also, if any body is going to be up there that week shoot me a PM would love to share info! Will be staying with a ole friend who lives in Manila..............
    Honestly, there aren't any secret spots in WY. Keep going until you find an armada or keep going until you find the next armada. That's where the fish are. If you need more specific help, PM me. I'll get you some waypoints out of my fish finder.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.

Walleyes and Roosters-
    YES when you find them you will find the "Ball's" !
    Downrigger- So is it true or another fish story that the KOKES are indeed larger on the Wyoming side?? Dang I'm getting pumped to head back up!

Absolutely TRUE.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

No, not true at all. Just stay down there in Utah and catch those monster 2-2.5 lbers!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	7622  

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Walleyes and Roosters-
    YES when you find them you will find the "Ball's" !
    Downrigger- So is it true or another fish story that the KOKES are indeed larger on the Wyoming side?? Dang I'm getting pumped to head back up!
    Yes, I don't even bother fishing for kokes on the Utah side any more.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.