Thread: Ther Bite is ON @ Navajo Res. August 3, 2014

Default Ther Bite is ON @ Navajo Res. August 3, 2014

Went fishing this last Sunday. I didn't start fishing until around 11:00am. They were biting real good in the mouth of the Francis. The fish finder marked LARGE concentrations of them from 40-60 feet. I caught most of mine at 50 feet with a pink UV Hoochie w/ pink spinner blade tipped with garlic corn. They all where in the 15inch range and fat. Can't wait to see their size in a few more weeks!

John what was your setup

This was a great year at Navajo for kokanee . Larger fish then past years . I used a chrome dodger from Sportsmans Warehouse , looks like a spoon with an eye on the decal , When a fish is hooked it streamlines and causes very little drag .
    I use 12 " of leader , two hooks ,small hoochie .
    I used one white showpeg corn kernel on each hook all season with good results . I like this dodger , maybe its a sling blade , because its flat with just a little lip at the trailing edge .
    I spent all of August fishing for 15 - 20 " rainbows in Southern Utah
    I use the same " flasher " for big rainbows in UT with a threaded nightcrawler . Really good results

It sounds exactly like an RMT sling blade. For future reference, there are times when you might want to get a little more kick out of your dodger. These bend easily enough in the middle to give you the amount of kick you want at the speed you are trolling. They will also easily bend back to flat if you so desire.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Dave, last I checked, there is no such thing as an RMT sling Blade? I don't think they exist. RMT dodgers are abundant and work well when tuned as your describing.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

"sling blade" is a style, Mark. Kind of like calling the material on your walls, "sheetrock".
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Or all colas a Coke...I haven't been to navajo for a few years. We are NM natives and have land by Heron...Navajo is an awesome fishery!!