Thread: Tough time

Default Tough time

Fished my but off last Friday and Saturday and only got two Kokes to show for it. Fished Anville area, Rawlins and South antelope flats along the slide. Other boats were catching but not me. I am starting to think my boat must have some bad vibes or harmonics. Marked fish at very location and swapped out lures and dodgers just a tough go all around. I gave up on the jokes at the last hour of the last day and jiggled up some pups for the smoker or I would have gone home nearly fish less. I am not going to give up though. I will be back on 9 August to give it another go.

Wow, I was up the lake from Anvil and I was killing them on Friday and Sunday morning. Got out late Saturday and paid for it.

The best bite is before sunrise. I launched in the dark on Friday and Sunday and was fishing just as the sky was turning purple.

I think you need to go farther up the lake. There were tons of boats due west of the ranch house.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.

Island20, sorry to hear you haven't quite got full into the kokes. Keep at it. I posted the recipe for mango salsa on an earlier thread so that you are prepared when you do get into them.

Heading to Anvil Draw this evening for 3 full days.

I'm happy to share info with anyone that doesn't run over my lead core!

Starting the middle of next week I have a 10 day vacation planned for the Gorge. Just me and my oldest son. Gonna pound the Kokes and the Macs pretty hard. All my trips lately have been to short 3-4 days at most. So I cant wait for 10 straight days. I cant fall asleep at night thinking about it. Kinda like a kid at Christmas time.

did you use RMT 5.5" The Fusion Signature Dodger, ( with big bend in dodger) Bubble Gum Signature Squid, UV Pearl Super Squid with a pink Spinner Blade, I was there the last 14 days got Kokes from the Ranch down to Mustang Ridge.
    It was the best fishing I have ever had. 3 to 4 lbs above linwood 2lbs from Hideout to Mustang ridge ( some about 18") one day with the Scouts (Kids who had never fished before) at jarvies canyon we got 30 Kokes ate all of them that night. I told them I learned how to fish for kokes from Downrigger.