Thread: Another good morning in Ct. 7/22

Default Another good morning in Ct. 7/22

Set up by 5:30 and off the water by 9:30 or so. Put at least 20 12-14" {some close to 15"} in the net and lost a few others. Ball trolls with a chartreuse pro troll koke killer run short worked best. Also tried a silver dodger and mini chartreuse uv squid which worked well. Fishing 30-35' down. Finally got my old electric riggers on my little 14' and they worked well. Sure beats hand cranking.

Way to go TT. You've got it going.

I'm going to assume you are not fishing West Hill. Me and my buddy have caught a total of 2 kokes this year. Mine on a phoebe while fishing for trout on the surface in April. My buddy caught his fishing for kokes with beads. They were both big for time of year. Around 16 inches. Otherwise, we've put in our time and have had very few hits and misses. Using same techniques of Flasher and Mack lures, Kokanee Killer or Wedding Ring and nada.
    Hearing the same thing from others at the Hill. "Very few but big"

The Hill did produce some big fish early but things have just about shut down. Unusually big fish for there.

Hi TT,

Yeah! Unusually large fish this year at West Hill - I got skunked the last 3 times out. - Fewer fish and they seem to be widely scattered - Hoping they'll start schooling come August and bite better.

SeaDog