Thread: Fishing lake tahoe

Default Fishing lake tahoe

Well planning a trip to lake Tahoe. Did't make it last year but will be there this year. Going after the kokanee and lake trout. I have seen some reports that fishing is very good so far. I hope it stays the same until August 7th when I arrive. Has anyone been fishing for the kokanee or lake trout.

I'm hearing the bite is decent. I got skunked 2 weeks ago on lake trout, but most likely due to a late start. Check ramp availability as they closed Sand Harbor this week. Water is low and hazards may be encountered. I wish I had more, but I'm currently awaiting a re-power. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe Whaler View Post
    I'm hearing the bite is decent. I got skunked 2 weeks ago on lake trout, but most likely due to a late start. Check ramp availability as they closed Sand Harbor this week. Water is low and hazards may be encountered. I wish I had more, but I'm currently awaiting a re-power. Best of luck!

Well thanks for the info. I know the kokanee bite usually gets better toward the month of August. I have caught a few lake trout but usually not to many during August.

Default Fishing report lake tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Well thanks for the info. I know the kokanee bite usually gets better toward the month of August. I have caught a few lake trout but usually not to many during August.
    Well it has been two years since I have fished lake Tahoe. Rainey weather for august. Sopose to rain all week. I have never seen the weather like this before. Well headed out near the keys. I tried some new bait. At least new to me. Minced garlic mixed with corn instead the traditional with Samoan eggs. We managed to catch 5 and missed at leasts 5. I had a pole that was just to light. Every time when you went to set the hook they got off. Well that is fishing. We should have at least 10 fish. All small kokanee. Well I will be headed out tomorrow in the rain again, I am sure of that. Hopefully it will clear up sometime this week. Still a lot of fun fishing lake tahoe.