Thread: Throttle problem with my 9.9 Yamaha

Default Throttle problem with my 9.9 Yamaha

Hi guys , I haven't really looked into this problem yet today , but I am having a problem with the throttle control on my 9.9 Yamaha kicker. I was fishing Strawberry Reservoir yesterday for Kokanee with some friends , I started out with a speed of 1.5-1.7 mph after a few minutes I looked at the speed and saw that I was going 1.9-2.1 mph and could not get the motor to idle down any farther. So I to solve that problem while on the water , I decided to turn the boat into the wind and that gave me the speed that I was looking for. Oh and BTW , I have the 703 Remote Throttle control . Have any of you ever had this kind of problem? Oh and yes we did get some fish.

I believe that I may have found the problem with my 9.9 Yamaha Throttle problem as least part of it. There was a fuel leak coming from the bottom end of the carb, after investigating closely I found that the fuel leak was from a dried out diaphragm at the accelerator pump. It was cracked very badly, (Damn Ethanol fuel ) . That little piece of rubber is a special order part and cost me $ 40.00 , Yamaha is pretty proud of their parts. I should have the new one by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    Yamaha is pretty proud of their parts.
    I had to replace the thermostat on my T-8 a couple of weeks ago and it was $40 with the gasket. The last time I replaced one in a car I remember it being like $10. But that might just say a lot about how long it has been since I've replaced a thermostat. LOL!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Hi Dave , I really can't complain. This 9.9 Yamaha really hasn't given me a lot of grief. I've been pretty lucky with this one , I just get a little excited when I'm told that the piece I need is a Special order and I have to wait .

Finally got the new diaphragm, installed it and the motor doesn't leak and purr's like a kitten. We're back in business.