Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Manila have a place to buy WY reciprocal license?

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    I went online to the Wyoming game and fish website and got our Reciprocity Stamps thru them and printed them at home. I also got our Utah 7 day licenses on line and printed them from home. Took the AIS Certification course thru Utah online and printed the paperwork. ...and ordered our WY AIS Mussel decal online and received it within 5 business days in the mail. Of course i did all of this in April in order to get everything in plenty of time before our trip in June.
    Judy, good thing you didn't get stopped and checked. The reciprocal stamp sold online at the website, I believe, is for Wyoming lic. holders to fish the Utah side, not the other way around. Can you provide a link to what you got? Thanks.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

However, that may have been what was needed if one had a non-resident Wyoming licence and need the reciprocal stam to fish Utah?

sorry for the ribbing down rigger. but your making every thing sound like it's extra hard when in fact it isn't that bad it doesn't take me longer than a half hour to blow into town and get all the permits I need during their business hours. if I have to wait till morning I do . I know you like to do things on line so you have piece of mind before you leave . my feelings about the gorge is that they are not customer driven and are only interested in our money , I don't like the hassle any more than you do but it is what it is . where and how to get your paper work has been beat into the ground . sorry again get it done and go fishing.

First year we went, we stopped at the Walmart in Evanston and got everything we needed right there! Oh, i had already got the WY AIS decal in the mail prior to our trip. That was in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Judy, good thing you didn't get stopped and checked. The reciprocal stamp sold online at the website, I believe, is for Wyoming lic. holders to fish the Utah side, not the other way around. Can you provide a link to what you got? Thanks.
    SuperD, as of this spring you can buy the WY reciprocal stamp online. From what I can tell, all you need to fish both states, both sides of the reservoir, is now available for online purchase at the appropriate website.

Indeed, I see that if you go into the Wy web site to purchase a non-resident license, at the bottom there is a category called 'other'. Check to purchase 'other' and that takes you to a list among which is a reciprocity stamp. So, although I can't confirm this is the stamp to use with a Utah license to fish the Wy side of the Gorge, they are selling it to non-residents.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Indeed, I see that if you go into the Wy web site to purchase a non-resident license, at the bottom there is a category called 'other'. Check to purchase 'other' and that takes you to a list among which is a reciprocity stamp. So, although I can't confirm this is the stamp to use with a Utah license to fish the Wy side of the Gorge, they are selling it to non-residents.
    That's the stamp (WY) you would need to have in addition to the UT fishing license to fish the WY side of the reservoir. If the angler has a WY fishing license and needs a UT reciprocal stamp to fish the UT portion of the reservoir, that can be purchased on the UDWR website.

Thanks, I am glad to learn this, and I will purchase the reciprosity stamp online next year. That will streamline the travel stops such that there is no hold up at the Evanston Walmart, which there invariably has been. All we'll have to stop for is the real essentials like gas and beer because the Discount Liquor has a selection of them that I can't get here in Logan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12