Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Manila have a place to buy WY reciprocal license?

Default Does Manila have a place to buy WY reciprocal license?

I read the Sticky above on Utah/Wy regs and couldn't find it mentioned.

lucerne marina sells them at the store there

Thank you.

yes the market in the middle of town has them you will have nom problem finding what you need, just keep in mind business hours aren't very accommodating there the store is open till 8 the marina store doesn't open til 7 am. have fun

the chevron where most people usually get them doesnt sell them anymore, had a sign on the door that said they no longer sell ut or wy fishing permits

I know chevron doesn't handle them any more , but the market still sells everything you need . did you find anymore of the stuff you lost

If your going thru Mountainview, there is 24hr Maverik there that sells all of your permits. I usually stop when needed on my way in to Manila.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUBBS View Post
    the chevron where most people usually get them doesnt sell them anymore, had a sign on the door that said they no longer sell ut or wy fishing permits
    It's all gone to a computer system and WY is phasing out the reciprocal permits that you used to staple to your fishing license. Too easy to fake or share I guess. Chevron doesn't want to get the computer stuff.

But as of May this year, you could still get the old reciprocal permits at the Mountain View in WY.

The market in Manila sells the reciprocal licenses and WY AIS sticker. You can also get the stickers online or at the Walmart in Evanston.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Downrigger View Post
    You can also get the stickers online
    That would be new and a great add to their website. It has driven me crazier that you can buy all the other licenses and stickers online but not the reciprocal stamp.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Learned something valuable and frustrating trying to get my reciprocal stamp and AIS sticker at Buckboard. They handle the reciprocal stamps but not the AIS stickers. Had to drive back to Green river to get the AIS. I asked why Buckboard couldn't sell the AIS and was told (by WY G & F) they could as they are set up electronically. Seems weird that you can buy the AIS at the Lucerne Marina(on the Utah side) but the Marina on the WY side won't sell there own state required sticker. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    That would be new and a great add to their website. It has driven me crazier that you can buy all the other licenses and stickers online but not the reciprocal stamp.
    Are we talking about the same thing? When I did the AIS certification in May, they told me you could get your AIS sticker online. I'm pretty sure I checked and you can do that now.

I've never bought my reciprocal stamp online. I've always gotten it at the market in Manila or, if it is after hours, at the Mountain View Maverick.

Are we talking about the same thing? When I did the AIS certification in May, they told me you could get your AIS sticker online. I'm pretty sure I checked and you can do that now.

I've never bought my reciprocal stamp online. I've always gotten it at the market in Manila or, if it is after hours, at the Mountain View Maverick.
    My mind was stuck on the original question regarding the stamp. Sticker online, yes. Stamp online, no.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    My mind was stuck on the original question regarding the stamp. Sticker online, yes. Stamp online, no.
    Gotcha. I think we are on the same page now.

Now the real question is why does it have to be so dang hard to just go fishing?

is it really that hard. clean and dry your boat , get inspected when you cross into Wyoming or at the lake. buy you fishing license and mussel permit when you get into town . seems pretty straight forward to me. plus it's worth it for the quality fishing you get at the gorge. I have faith anyone on this board can do it

Quote Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
    is it really that hard. clean and dry your boat , get inspected when you cross into Wyoming or at the lake. buy you fishing license and mussel permit when you get into town . seems pretty straight forward to me. plus it's worth it for the quality fishing you get at the gorge. I have faith anyone on this board can do it
    Yes, it is really that hard. For a world class fishery, they should have more one stop shot opportunities such as online. Do you know how many people drive 100's and 100's of miles to fish there? Many of us arrive there in the wee hours of the morning or the middle of the night. The recip stamp being sold at only a half a dozen spots is BS.

come on SUPER D I drive a couple of hundred miles to get there my self and there are plenty of places to stop for permits if you use a little for thought, and really for a fishing area they truly don't cater to fishermen at all. nothing opens early or stays open late stores marinas restraunts etc. we all wish things were simpler but that's the way things are and will be in the future sorry it's such a pain for you, but you can always use the ut side of the lake until 7 am when everything else opens up .

it is a dying town and very few people and businesses don't care about customer service

I can roll the 800 miles from my house with everything I need in hand with the exception of the recip stamp. It is difficult in a technological world that doesn't have to be difficult. That's what irritates me.

You forgot a few things that would get you a ticket:

Boat registration
    Boat insurance
    Safety equipment - life jackets, fire extinguisher, throwable buoy, etc.
    Flaming Gorge use pass - (True story, I forgot my annual last November on a burbot hunt and had to buy a 3 day at the Maverick in Mountain View. The checker, at midnight, wrote 10/15 on the pass instead of 11/15. I got a ticket the next day for having not having a valid pass. I spent the whole day tracking down the guy that gave me the ticket and calling Maverick at which point the guy tore up the ticket.)
    Valid Utah 365 license to pair with the reciprocal stamp that is on a calendar year basis.
    Inspections before and after they open and close for the year in April and October.

Now add to that the mussel permit, getting your receipt from the truck to the boat, getting launched and getting out to set your first downrigger and catch your first fish and yeah, I'd say that's a little administratively complex, especially from people who only make it up there once or twice a year. You're dealing with 3 different governments in many cases that are all set on interfering with or ignoring every man equally.

Now try and do all of that at midnight so you can fish the next morning.

And we haven't even gotten into boat maintenance, boat problems, trailer problems, truck problems, etc.

Can people do it? Of course. Could it be a simpler (and legal!) process? Absolutely.

And, for the record, WY can pass a law that suspends the 4th Amendment but that law isn't valid.

come on SUPER D I drive a couple of hundred miles to get there my self and there are plenty of places to stop for permits if you use a little for thought, and really for a fishing area they truly don't cater to fishermen at all. nothing opens early or stays open late stores marinas restraunts etc. we all wish things were simpler but that's the way things are and will be in the future sorry it's such a pain for you, but you can always use the ut side of the lake until 7 am when everything else opens up .
    Maybe things stay that way because not enough people demand better from businesses and their governments.

it is a dying town and very few people and businesses don't care about customer service
    Maybe that's why it's a dying town.

You forgot a few things that would get you a ticket:

Boat registration
    Boat insurance
    Safety equipment - life jackets, fire extinguisher, throwable buoy, etc.
    Flaming Gorge use pass - (True story, I forgot my annual last November on a burbot hunt and had to buy a 3 day at the Maverick in Mountain View. The checker, at midnight, wrote 10/15 on the pass instead of 11/15. I got a ticket the next day for having not having a valid pass. I spent the whole day tracking down the guy that gave me the ticket and calling Maverick at which point the guy tore up the ticket.)
    Valid Utah 365 license to pair with the reciprocal stamp that is on a calendar year basis.
    Inspections before and after they open and close for the year in April and October.

Now add to that the mussel permit, getting your receipt from the truck to the boat, getting launched and getting out to set your first downrigger and catch your first fish and yeah, I'd say that's a little administratively complex, especially from people who only make it up there once or twice a year. You're dealing with 3 different governments in many cases that are all set on interfering with or ignoring every man equally.

Now try and do all of that at midnight so you can fish the next morning.

And we haven't even gotten into boat maintenance, boat problems, trailer problems, truck problems, etc.

Can people do it? Of course. Could it be a simpler (and legal!) process? Absolutely.

And, for the record, WY can pass a law that suspends the 4th Amendment but that law isn't valid.
    I hope I didn't over estimate my fellow fisherman's abilities . you can make it as hard or easy as you want . I'm sorry but 99% off that stuff I do normally , as for that area of the country don't go there expecting great customer service because in most cases you won't get it , it's a dying area and most businesses have given up .your suggestions will probably fall on deaf ears. most of their economies rely on visiting recreationists but they just don't seem to care. it's smart to plan ahead but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

All of my trips to the Gorge are set when I leave on travel day. That first trip of the season I always know I have to make that stop for the reciprocal stamp. To me its not a big deal since I make that stop anyways whether I get a stamp or not, so be it. What irritates me, when I get to Lucerne on the a spur of the moment 3-4 day stay, I usually have no problem checking into the first come first serve loop F. This is the only loop that's like that. All of the rest is by reservations only. Whenever someone moves out after their stay, the host will post the next group with dates at a site that might be 5 days later. So there is 5 days of an open site but not available to incomers on a whim. I wouldn't mind getting into a site with power for a stay that won't interfere with the next group scheduled coming in. The check-in at Lucerne campground office are connected to the main data base where reservations are made and can indicate on the site a certain campground is filled. To me that's just as good as you picking up the phone, if not better since its a direct link and calling in the reservation. Common sense is not their way. I have seen plenty of open sites during the week and an almost vacant campground.

I hope I didn't over estimate my fellow fisherman's abilities . you can make it as hard or easy as you want . I'm sorry but 99% off that stuff I do normally , as for that area of the country don't go there expecting great customer service because in most cases you won't get it , it's a dying area and most businesses have given up .your suggestions will probably fall on deaf ears. most of their economies rely on visiting recreationists but they just don't seem to care. it's smart to plan ahead but it's not the end of the world if you don't.
    That's a little condescending and disingenuous don't you think? I never said I couldn't comply. I said it was a hassle to comply and they make it so administratively complex to catch the first kokanee of the year that it takes almost a full day of vacation time when everything is said and done just to meet the rules. And I have planned ahead. I know the game. Heck, I went to get AIS certified myself so I don't have to deal with the AIS BS any more.

How can you make it as hard or as easy as you want when you can only buy some of the stuff over the internet?

It's also a little non-responsive. You said "it's a dying area." I said "maybe the reason it's a dying area is and they don't provide much is because no one expects much." You said "it's a dying area and don't go there expecting much." That's not really advancing anything.

Just to try and bring this back on point for a second, does anyone know who gets the money from the reciprocal stamp fee? Since neither Wyoming nor Utah sells the stamp through their F&G sites, I'm not even sure who owns it. I would guess Wyoming but that certainly isn't 100% clear.

I went online to the Wyoming game and fish website and got our Reciprocity Stamps thru them and printed them at home. I also got our Utah 7 day licenses on line and printed them from home. Took the AIS Certification course thru Utah online and printed the paperwork. ...and ordered our WY AIS Mussel decal online and received it within 5 business days in the mail. Of course i did all of this in April in order to get everything in plenty of time before our trip in June.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast