Thread: Blue mesa July 8-10th

Default Blue mesa July 8-10th

Well the fishing sucks! Days are nice, and hot.The lake like is like grease, and the fishing is slow to a stand still for Kokes. I fished three days for two fish, I talked to a few people who had caught up to three in one day. The good news is the fish we caught were huge 22 and 24 inches. The gouge was to fish shallow but the our fish were at 25 and 35ft. I also ran into a guide that had about ten fish, for 4 clients. He had lock jaw as well. The graph showed many fish in areas, from 10ft. to the bottom and some large fish suspended at around 80ft. I don't know what the deal is, but they are not biting. I think it will improve but I would wait for some consistent good news.

Fwood

According to the solunars, you picked really crappy days. It says that yesterday and today were hot bite days.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

well they were right but I fish when I can

fwood

Quote Originally Posted by woodjdw View Post
    well they were right but I fish when I can

fwood
    As do the rest of us working stiffs. Like you said, it was a beautiful day for a boat ride.

Making a trip across country. Passed thru Blue Mesa and never visioned this reservoir being as large as or what some described it. This lake is at least 25mi long. What a beautiful setting. I sure wish my boat was with me.

Roger, since that lake is on my bucket list, we'll have to hit it. How long to get there from our house?