Thread: Slow Weekend at the Gorge 6-27 and 6-28

Default Slow Weekend at the Gorge 6-27 and 6-28

Went down to the Lake Thursday night and was woke up by the rain 3 separate times. Friday morning was heavy overcast so I took off trolling out of Buck Board.
    Threw the combo of a pink squid and shattered dodger at them that has been producing pretty well this season with no luck. Marked fish between 15' and 20' but couldn't buy a bite and ended up getting skunked Friday. Woke up Saturday and was on the water at six, Ran down to the far south end of Squaw Hollow and fished the cliffs all the way to the north end of Breeze and only managed three laker pups by accident. I threw everthing in my tackle bag at them including different scents with not luck. The weather was pretty crumby all weekend I wonder if that had them turned off? Hope others had more action than I did.

Mike
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

I don't feel that bad then, I fished brinagers Ranch the 24 and 25 did not get a bite. I only stayed their about 1 1/2 hours. only saw two other boats their.

I got fish at the pipe line and east of the state line. and south of wildhorse on the east side in about 80 ft of water. I also fished Fri the 27 after the rain storm.
    I was fishing a lone was moving the downriggers between 30 and 60 ft. the water temp down 50 ft was 52 deg. top water was 64 deg
    had two hit the same time reeled one in half way the other koke was coming out of the water and he look big so went after him got him in half way and he brook the hook.
    went back to the other pole and he was gone.

I didn't do very well thursday or friday either from lucurne. But by Saturday I decided to run some lines at 15-25 and started catching them. The previous 2 days I was much deeper.
    Also… Thursday I met 2 guys at the fish cleaning station with 6 very nice jokes and a few rainbows. They we're using the exact same stuff I was using but obviously had the magic touch!
    I was feeling humbled for sure.
    Stoked for the Berry this weekend!