Thread: Victoria Secret for my boat

Default Victoria Secret for my boat

My poor boat looks like it was driven through a barbed wire fence so I keep wrestling with the idea of getting it painted. In order for it to not just get that way again, I decided to get some lingerie for the front.

The travel cover was also starting to rot through all the stitching. My favorite part of the new cover is the front downrigger cut outs that I didn't have before.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I'm going through the same concerns with my new boat... I've had a lot of people warn me to stay away from boat bras because they'll scratch your paint (abrasive) but I haven't had anyone WITH a boat bra tell me that - in fact, just the opposite. I'm headed over to have some warranty work/routine service work/and yes, more add on's.... done next week - I'm going to talk to them about the LUND boat bra. Makes me sick to see chips getting in the paint of my new baby....

I had some concerns about the bra abrasion but the upholstery guy helped put some of that to rest. I ultimately felt like a couple wear marks would look better than what I've got now.

I agree! Also, I'll make sure I keep a good coat of wax on the boat as well as make sure there's no dirt/grime on it when the bra goes on.

Hey guys, i too wanted to protect the paint on the front of my boat. I did not want to mess with the conventional boat bra that needed to be taken on and off.
    I had a extremely reputable tint shop install a product made by Xpel.com. It is a "clear bra". That adheres to your paint. It is used on a lot of super high end vehicles to prevent rock chips.

So far it has lasted 2 years and is still as flawless as the day it was installed. Invisible on the paint and lets the beauty of the paint shine thru.

Bryon

Quote Originally Posted by DC18FT View Post
    Hey guys, i too wanted to protect the paint on the front of my boat. I did not want to mess with the conventional boat bra that needed to be taken on and off.
    I had a extremely reputable tint shop install a product made by Xpel.com. It is a "clear bra". That adheres to your paint. It is used on a lot of super high end vehicles to prevent rock chips.

So far it has lasted 2 years and is still as flawless as the day it was installed. Invisible on the paint and lets the beauty of the paint shine thru.

Bryon
    This is by far the best way to do this

DC, how much did that set you back?

Quote Originally Posted by DC18FT View Post

Bryon
    ^ Good advice! I've installed the Epel headlight protection film on a few vehicals and the stuff is thick, wears like iron, and looks great with no fading... been on my trucks headlights/ offroad lights for 7 years now and still looks like new. The material is advertized to take a barrage of 1" diameter rock hits at 120mph without any lens damage.

700-750.. Can't remember exactly. Shop is genisis window tinting in elk grove and roseville. More expensive than for a car since the cuts were custom and not performed by the progam/ machine.
    Last edited by DC18FT; 08-27-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Default Boat Bra

Hi SuperD. I am new to the forum and found your post from year back with the lingerie for you boat. I am looking for the same thing for my 20' Alumacraft fishing boat I just purchased new. can you please provide mw with information on your and were you got it or had it made?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    My poor boat looks like it was driven through a barbed wire fence so I keep wrestling with the idea of getting it painted. In order for it to not just get that way again, I decided to get some lingerie for the front.

The travel cover was also starting to rot through all the stitching. My favorite part of the new cover is the front downrigger cut outs that I didn't have before.

Almost all boat service shops "have a guy" that does the shops upholstery repairs. I talked to the shop that did my motor service and asked them for a referral. Put a call into the dealer that you bought your boat from and ask them for the name of the shop that does their upholstery work.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Almost all boat service shops "have a guy" that does the shops upholstery repairs. I talked to the shop that did my motor service and asked them for a referral. Put a call into the dealer that you bought your boat from and ask them for the name of the shop that does their upholstery work.
    Had my bra made at a top shop love it came home from boat dealer with new Lund with two smaller pits from rocks made me sick went that week and got the bra custom made have had it 15 years looks like new still make sure it comes back far enough on the nose of the boat I'm sure they all have made them before hope this will help also mine also has a soft material on the in side of the bra no scratches at all from it I just vacuum it or sweep it off it it gets to dirty

I've had my Dufort boat bra on for 2 1/2 years now - it's worked out GREAT!

I mounted a new Minn Kota this Winter which will screw up my bra fitting properly. I'll have to see if I can get it customized.

Default Super D

Did you mount it direct to your bow or do you attach with a removal plate were you can take your motor on or off. I have the plate if I had a bra it could easily be used

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Did you mount it direct to your bow or do you attach with a removal plate were you can take your motor on or off. I have the plate if I had a bra it could easily be used
    And it did when I had my previous trolling motor. I upgraded to the Ulterra and the thing is an absolute beast. It will not be coming on and off like the old motor. In fact, it is so much bigger that I had to mount it in a different position on the bow to fit properly. There also had to be provision for how the mechanical deploy mechanism cleared the hull. Hopefully a cut here and a seam there won't be too much.

Default Super D

Yea I understand, I have the 101 riptide it isnt light. Make sure your electric has a tie down don't trust the lock I had it release once while going down the high way a motorist flagged me over. No damage. I was flying down the river doing close to 50 it released and It exploded the shaft entering the water It was covered under warranty but I had to pay for labor. now it always has a bunchycord attached. I also added a homemade skud for maneuvering makes a big difference just a larger keil. Good luck
    Last edited by mrmike; 02-20-2017 at 10:21 PM.

I just got my boat back - new travel cover to replace that POS LUND cover that came with the boat... Anyway, I frigging love the new cover - very nice! AND, I finally have a rear curtain and I'm very happy with it - should work out perfect so my other half will winter fish with me now!!