Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kokanee Flies

30 minutes from the clearwater and steelhead but for now my sled is staying in the shed with all the de-icer on highway,,,so thinking kokanee and put together this kokanee trolling fly using cotton candy dyed rabbit strip attached to a shortened ribbed plastic body, for a collar cut the head from a hootchie and glued it on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	8325  

fishingmom, I don't know if you named it yet but it looks great When I first saw it, I pictured a chicken laying eggs, gotta figure out how to work that into a name. Nicely done!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Very nice looking fly fishingmom. It's always fun to catch fish on the stuff we create. I hate deicer but I get why they use it. I have a full width mud flap mounted on the hitch stinger to shed sand and gravel in the winter months; really helps keep the crud off the boat.

SuperD I can hear the hens clucking now..............Happy New Year!

hadnt considered a name, will wait and see what you come up with on the chicken thing.....using deicer as an excuse😊just a little too cold to get excited about loading up and heading to the river!!

Received my tube fly material today from Canadian Tube Fly, had to sit at the bench and try them out. Have read all there is on here about making flies and watched a ton on Youtube.. Here is the very first creation off the bench, lol, I will definitely have to keep practicing...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1029 (1).JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	9577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1029 (1).PNG 
Views:	94 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	9578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1029 (2).PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	9579

One thing I've learned through experience is that while fuller flies look better to my eye, the kokes seem to prefer sparser flies. Really sparse. I use hair, rubber leg material, flash a boo, krystal flash separately or in combination, but not that many strands total per fly.

Thanks SD, can you guys throw up a few more pictures of your tube flies, i got a few more weeks of trying to nail this down before the hardwater is gone.
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123