Thread: Flaming Gorge Catch Report- 6-15-14

Default Flaming Gorge Catch Report- 6-15-14

Kokanee fishing continues to be good in the canyon reach of the reservoir. Water temps have now warmed into the low 60s and as a result kokanee are suspending deeper in the water column. We caught our 12 fish yesterday trolling about 2.0mph from 40-60ft, with most of the larger kokes in the deeper end of that range. The size has been impressive too, with the top end around 18-19 inches.

The most productive combo yesterday (the norm really) was a RMT Fusion dodger with a hyperglow pink squid. We also caught a couple of fish on the Silver Ice dodger with a pink metallic squid which we were experimenting with because my daughter thought it was "pretty".

Hope that helps and good luck on the water, Ryno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KOE_5-15-14.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7355  

Thanks for sharing!

How's Jarvis doing? I'm hitting the "honey hole" soon. I've got some prototypes to try down there that have been killing it at the berry. Thanks for a heads up mr. Mosely...
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

It's been good! That's actually the bay I fished on Sunday. I took my family, so we didn't start fishing until about 900AM but it was red-hot. We put our 12 kokes in the boat in about 1 hr 20 minutes and there wasn't another boat trolling within sight. There were two boats jigging lakers and that was it. It's been a quiet season so far, nothing like last year. Ryno

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    It's been good! That's actually the bay I fished on Sunday. I took my family, so we didn't start fishing until about 900AM but it was red-hot. We put our 12 kokes in the boat in about 1 hr 20 minutes and there wasn't another boat trolling within sight. There were two boats jigging lakers and that was it. It's been a quiet season so far, nothing like last year. Ryno
    Thanks
    I need to learn all the spots down by the dam, I'm going with some scouts and staying at Mustang ridge the end of July. I have never fished down there.
    and I don't no if they want to spend $10. to go North.
    will you be at the kokanee seminar June 18 in Salt Lake City
    http://wildlife.utah.gov/wildlife-ne...ee-salmon.html

liketrolling, I'll be there tomorrow night for the length of the seminar.

Stoked to be there next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    liketrolling, I'll be there tomorrow night for the length of the seminar.
    What a great Seminar I learned a lot. all the speakers did a good job. there was so much said it is hard to remember. Thanks Ryan

how deep of water is everyone finding the best to catch in? alot of where we were trying to fish south out of buckboard was all 100+feet

We did well fishing closer to shore on the south part of big bend. We caught fish in 50 feet as well as 100. They seemed to like the humps and higher spots