Thread: Last Saturday got some American Lake Kokes

Default Last Saturday got some American Lake Kokes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-31-11-02-14_photo.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	7308

Finally figuring out how to catch bigger Kokanee out of American lake. Caught these 40' on a dark green squid with a 50/50 dodger.
    Last edited by bikenut64; 06-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Those are great looking kokes!! What is the length? They look very fat and healthy. Nice catch

Congrats, thanks for the report.

Longest was 16.5 or so. I fished 2 rods, same 50/50 dodger but 1 had red eyes on both sides of the dodger. The red eye one got 3 of the 4 fish. Just bought a new boat so hopefully take it to American this weekend.

I was just thinking that Washington isn't posting many reports on kokanee and here is American Lake.

Nice fish. I've got to get up there soon.

Hey All,

I fished American Friday in the rain. We marked a lot of fish between 40 and 60 feet, but couldn't get more than a couple hits even though it seemed like we were right on them all day. Tried switching colors, depth and speeds but nothing worked. Lost one nice one at the boat. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aha6289 View Post
    Hey All,

I fished American Friday in the rain. We marked a lot of fish between 40 and 60 feet, but couldn't get more than a couple hits even though it seemed like we were right on them all day. Tried switching colors, depth and speeds but nothing worked. Lost one nice one at the boat. Anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum, it was tough today I was out there as well and all we pulled was one fish, I went by another and that's all he had was one as well. Last time I was we nailed them, but the time before that it was tough. Sounds like you did what we did constantly changed speed and gear and tried different stuff. I was marking lots of fish too but with the recent trout dump you had to get your gear down fast in order to keep the trout off it and even at 40 feet we were still pulling in trout. It was just a tough morning.

TNF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140616115449.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	7354

I fished Sunday 15th and managed to pick up these two. Both at 42 feet. Noticed a nice black alumaweld seemed to be getting some fish also.