Thread: Cannon Mag 10 connector

Default Cannon Mag 10 connector

I acquired a Cannon Mag 10 this weekend but it didn't come with the Battery connector part. Its the old style connector. I see on Cannons website they have a retro fit replacement but you have to replace the whole cord. So i was wondering if anybody might have the old style connector they might want to get rid of?
    Thanks
    Brent

Don't be afraid to get rid of the Cannon connectors altogether. I cut the Cannon ends off the OEM cords and put the Scotty twist lock ends on in their place. My buddy didn't want to pay for the Scotty ends so he went to the hardware store and used 12 ga. extension cord and ends for his cables.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Don't be afraid to get rid of the Cannon connectors altogether. I cut the Cannon ends off the OEM cords and put the Scotty twist lock ends on in their place. My buddy didn't want to pay for the Scotty ends so he went to the hardware store and used 12 ga. extension cord and ends for his cables.
    I did this same exact thing with my mag 5's I had one of the original plugs come apart after only a handful of uses.Changed out both the male and females plugs,with scotty turn and lock plugs,and never looked back.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

I would definitely go with the scotty/marinco, they are who scotty has make there's. and when installed they are sealed and look like they were made for each other. I switched out all 4 male and female on my digi-trolls they are easier to plug and unplug and look more professional . dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Minn Kota also uses those connectors and my memory thinks they were cheaper through Minn Kota than Scotty but you should check me on that.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks everyone for all the replies and PM's. I went to Cabelas last night and got the plug in type connectors you all suggested and cut the end off the DR and replaced it with the new plug. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
    Kokanee