Thread: Gorge 5/23

Default Gorge 5/23

My fishing bud and I hit the water on Friday.Launched out of squaw hollow about 7/a and motored down the ranch house to start our run.We fished the east side and the west side,and out in the middle looking for fish. We fished deep at 45 ft .We fished shallow at 15 ft.We used RMT plankton squids in pink,and orange. Dodgers we use we either the fusion ,or the hyper plaid,or the natural colored dodger. We fished hard,until about 1;30,then the rain storm blew us off the water. After all that hard effort put forth ,all we could manage were 15 kokes, all about 15-16 in long,maybe a 1lb-1lb 1/2 (california keepers) as i call them.All fish were released so they could grow bigger. Water temp was 50 deg when we started,and about 53 when we quit. With the lake level coming up as fast as it is. There is a lot of floating stuff in the water. We netted and piece of wood about 12 in around and 18 in long. Put it in the boat, and threw it out way upon the shore,so it would't float away any time soon . Sure wouldn't want some one to hit that with boat. Y'all be safe now.
    Last edited by Propnut69; 05-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

at least you caught fish, it was a failure of a trip for us.
    started off Thursday showing up to buckboard private at about 8 to get our reserved spot, only to find out that they will NOT allow a cabin cruiser boat to stay in the RV park, BB crossing didn't have any power spots left that wasn't called for. so i hurried and jetted down to lucerne to find a power spot to camp in for the weekend.

got on the water early friday morning, knew it was going to storm so I fished just outside of the bay, over along the cliffs for about 2 hours tell the storm came in, so i fired up the big engine to head back in and just my luck, as soon as i turned the key our BRAND NEW humminbird 999 went dark and never would come back on after that

Sorry to hear about the ff. I had the same thing happen to me, with a brand new bottomline 5100. As for putting a boat in a rv park,you should have made sure they knew it was a boat that you were staying in and not a camp trailer ,or a motor home.As for the fishing,i think the rapidly rising water levels are screwing with the fish.We seen this same thing happen a few years ago,when the lake level came up very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    As for the fishing,i think the rapidly rising water levels are screwing with the fish.
    Tim, how are the water levels when you say rapidly rising? Is the Gorge going to fill to full pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the ff. I had the same thing happen to me, with a brand new bottomline 5100. As for putting a boat in a rv park,you should have made sure they knew it was a boat that you were staying in and not a camp trailer ,or a motor home.As for the fishing,i think the rapidly rising water levels are screwing with the fish.We seen this same thing happen a few years ago,when the lake level came up very fast.
    yeah i should have, just never been hassled before for it so i figured id be fine, owell, now i know for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Tim, how are the water levels when you say rapidly rising? Is the Gorge going to fill to full pool?
    Hey Rodger good to hear from ya,hope all is well with you and yours.According to this web site http://flaminggorge.water-data.com/ water levels are coming up fast.