Thread: FG memorial day?

Default FG memorial day?

Anyone here going to be fishing the Gorge memorial day? Because of my daughters work schedule, we are planning on leaving Sunday for Buckboard campground, go through Evanston to get boat inspected and reciprocal stamp at Wallyworld, and fishing Monday and Tues morning before heading back to Utah. It sounds like there are being some fish found and caught, so we are looking forward to having some grilled kokes and taking a few home. If you get a chance, stop by our camp to chat and let us know where the fish are ;-), or give us a call on the water. We have an older 19.5 gray Sea Nymph GLS w/ 90 hp Evinrude, Honda kicker, white chevy duramax.

We'll be camping and fishing around Anvil Draw. We'll be sporting a 29ft Gulf Stream motorhome and my epic 16ft starcraft....

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Anyone here going to be fishing the Gorge memorial day? Because of my daughters work schedule, we are planning on leaving Sunday for Buckboard campground, go through Evanston to get boat inspected and reciprocal stamp at Wallyworld, and fishing Monday and Tues morning before heading back to Utah. It sounds like there are being some fish found and caught, so we are looking forward to having some grilled kokes and taking a few home. If you get a chance, stop by our camp to chat and let us know where the fish are ;-), or give us a call on the water. We have an older 19.5 gray Sea Nymph GLS w/ 90 hp Evinrude, Honda kicker, white chevy duramax.
    does buckboard not sell the stamp at the campground store like lucern? were planning on heading up thursday after work, and staying at buckboard for the first time ever, we usually stay at lucern.
    me and the GF will be in a charcoal grey cc/sb ford 6.7 with a 2855 bayliner

you can get them in manila

So, those with a Utah license get a reciprocal stamp to fish Wyoming portion of Gorge at the Lucerne Marina?, or other place in Manila?

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    So, those with a Utah license get a reciprocal stamp to fish Wyoming portion of Gorge at the Lucerne Marina?, or other place in Manila?
    we usually always get ours at Lucerne, but this year were going to start camping at buckboard so looking like we will have to start getting ours at the chevron in manila.

smokepoles has it right. just bring your clean dry boat, get it inpected at the boarder , pick up your Wyoming ais decal in manila along with your reciprocal permit , fill out your Utah ais certificate and your set. don't forget to get a couple of RMT fusion dogers and some pink ,purple, or orange squids w/sparkle. and you'll slay em.

Quote Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
    smokepoles has it right. just bring your clean dry boat, get it inpected at the boarder , pick up your Wyoming ais decal in manila along with your reciprocal permit , fill out your Utah ais certificate and your set. don't forget to get a couple of RMT fusion dogers and some pink ,purple, or orange squids w/sparkle. and you'll slay em.
    lol we cheat, well kinda. we leave our boat up there season long at the chevrons lot, so we only have to do one border inspection, do the yearly mussel test online so its once and done, along with doing the wy AIS online.

and I dont Fish with anything it RMT on the end of my line :)

im getting excited to finally make it up and attempt to get some good fishing in

the check list was more for others to read than you I know you spend a lot of time up there, good luck any way, the RMK products have always treated me awesome , jared is a great guy to work with.

the check list was more for others to read than you I know you spend a lot of time up there, good luck any way, the RMK products have always treated me awesome , jared is a great guy to work with.
    I know, wasnt trying to single myself out in it, just was replying.
    been stuck inside sick so i got some cabin fever going on and been glued to the laptop lol
    carry on.

get well that last cold of the spring defiantly sucks. do you ever fish north of buckboard?

The earlier season through June has always been a spoon and apex time for us. Then seem to do best with hoochies later in season mid-July through mid-August. Of course, it's all on board and will switch up until we find what works.

get well that last cold of the spring defiantly sucks. do you ever fish north of buckboard?
    up tell last year we had only fished right around lucern and some of sheep creek, last year was the first year we had gone up past the pipeline and into the wy side.
    ive actually never even been to buckboard yet either.

used to go with my dad and he was the captain and wouldn't try anything other then where he had always fished. guess he was scared of change or something lol

I've fished buck board a few times and was never really that impressed farm house and down has been much better to me . iwas just wondering how things were above . thanks

do you ever fish north of buckboard?
    We have fished to the north up until mid june depending on the year, though can't recall that they were ever the biggest fish. Generally we fish anywhere right out from BB south to Holme's Crossing.

thanks for the tip . man I love holme's crossing

Well they decided to rename Holmes Crossing, the new sign reads Brinegars Ferry Crossing. I'm still OK with Squaw Hollow, it worked for thirty years.

I'm still ok with the farm house

does anyone have a map that shows all the different bays?

My wife and I and two dogs will be heading down friday night, and staying until sunday. Our boat (green trophy w/ alaskan hardtop) is slipped on C dock at Buckboard for the summer.Anyone feel free to drop by to BS and have a cold one this weekend!

Mike
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

fishing map company has a good one. I also like the ray Johnson map both are under 10 buck and you can get them anywhere