Thread: Newbie from CT in a Kayak

Thumbs up Newbie from CT in a Kayak

Hello to All:
    I'm new to the site and somewhat new to Kokanee fishing. I have an opportunity to fish East Twin Lake in NW CT coming up, and while there may be few fish (the state stopped stocking them recently), I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Has anyone fished it?

I fish all methods so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bigger picture, I can't believe there's a forum dedicated to this awesome sport fish, so I look forward to reviewing everyone's ideas, etc.

Graham

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear CT has stopped stocking Kokanee in the state. Looks like Nantahala Lake in the mountains of NC with it's naturally reproducing kokanee population is soon going to be the only place to catch a kokanee in the East.
    "There's no losing in fishing. You either catch or you learn."

Actually, i did some research and there are two lakes currently being stocked in CT. They only get to 14 -15" max around here, which is a fair bit smaller than what I see being posted on this site, but I'm still looking forward to them.

Welcome to crazy kokanee fishing. Do a little more research and I think you will find there are 3 lakes stocked with kokes in Ct. Read the report.http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fish...tionreport.pdf

thanks. I actually emailed the state and they responded that they actually stocked much more than that this year, although all very small, but at least it should be good for years to come. I didn't know about that third lake, so thanks for that.

Only problem at Lakeville is the bass and browns love the stocked fingerlings.